Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

lua log please.

hi Gedemon i try to load version 39 beta2 but it doesnt play:
unable to load texture (background_31.dds)

and then red.dll not found...

Reminder in case you've missed it in the first post of the beta's thread (the links are in spoiler to be sure people actually READ that post before asking question):
no installation support for beta versions

Sorry if this post seems a bit rude, but I do need to save my free time for the mod, so don't use beta versions if you can't manage it.

I had same problem with another mod (Ice and Fire) and one told me to re-install civ, I did while I went to bed. In the morning it worked with a new civ install \o/

Hey, i have 1.0.3.18 version, so I downloaded Data v.4 and Mod v.37.b (apparently support 1.0.3.18), but when pasted files to MODS, I check the mods option and anything I see is Data v.4, Mod disappeared somewhere :< Later, I downloaded Data v.4 and Mod v.38 (only 1.0.3.70), I enabled mods, but menu tells me: R.E.D. WWII Mod Edition.dll is not working, bla bla bla. Answer is obvious: download the patch. I've searched 2 hours and didn't found anything.
Check the game files integrity on steam.

Hello peeps, decided to post a way to play with this mod (or any other mod including DLL) on a mac

Not sure but i think the official Mac version is basically a pc version in a Wine bottle like so many other mac games so this should work with it as well.

i created a blank Wine bottle, then changed my Documents folder for Wine to C:/Users/Public/Documents located inside that Wine bottle. Then just installed a pc version of the game, now mods and stuff like that are located on Civilization V folder inside that same package so no problem using DLLs

everything except fall of France event seems to work fine for Europe 39 scenario, there are some random crashes on Earth 1942 map, many related to units embarking from London. Usually if you remove one of them with IGE you can continue to play

i get R.E.D. .dll is not working or i can choose a sscenario but as soon as it goes to load it crashes i have 8gb ram and an i7 3930k cpu GTX 560ti gpu

im using R.E.D. WWII Edition v.37.b <- update for patch 1.0.3.18 and BNW and it still doesnt work

So Aspyre Civ 5 can't read .dll files? It's not a Mac issue, since my copy of KSP reads them. I'm going to give the latest version a shot, at least.

Assuming it won't work, will the Mac version even work, without being updated for BNW (which I have)?

Just a little heads up to people who have gotten the 'deluxe' version of that scenario during the last days, I've noticed that it can cause the game to refuse to load a save game for some reason. Disableing the dlc before activating the mod seems to solve it just fine tho :)

Unfortunately, it did not.

No other mods running besides RED requirements, 8GB of RAM, standard, stable European theater scenario: can't change production of cities, nothing to produce or buy, therefore can't end turn. Was playing as Russia.

which version ?

The Mac-compatible one, v31.

The absolute latest just crashed immediately.

Top Bottom