Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

Recently I ve installed latest version of Civ5.After that I ve downloaded RED WWII mod (v.44 and data files v.5)game works like charm no bugs or anything.But,when I want to load my savegames it crashes.Dont know why.So if you have a solution I would happy to hear it.(BTW patch is 1.0.3.279...have all DLCs Including BNW.My PC has excellent performace with 8 gigs of ram and 1gb graphic card nvidia,windows 7,driectx10-11).And I must add that the mod is really awesome with latest update good work.Thank you for your time. :)

No...These are new savegames.I ve installed it yesterday.I ve played older versions but never had a problem with savegames.So once again savegames are from v.44 and v.5

No...These are new savegames.I ve installed it yesterday.I ve played older versions but never had a problem with savegames.So once again savegames are from v.44 and v.5

Hi blackeyewolf,

I just ran into the same issue, so I'll tell you how I fixed it. Remember when you started the scenario and the game threw you back to the main menu to configure the DLC for the game? Well I found out that this is not working properly when you try to load a game.

Yes, it looks like it's configuring the DLC, but it somehow doesn't manage to do this correctly. I'll explain how I tested this, so that the moderators know.

First, I tried to load the game without touching the DLC, assuming the mod would configure that for me. I do have all of the DLC, so that means it's automatically turned on every time I restart Civ V. After the configuration screen, the game tried to load, but the application crashed. Second, I started Civ V and turned off all DLC. Again, the same result: application crash. Now if you look at starting a new game without any DLC on, it will prompt you that the Mongol DLC needs to be on and it throws you to the main menu with that turned on. So what I did is start Civ V and only put on the Mongol DLC, then it actually loaded successfully.

I hope this works for you. Good luck.

Hi, I downloaded both the mod itself and data files, but the game (BNW) recognizes only the data files. how to fix?

Hello :) need your help. which version of Civ5 Brave NW (now it's 1.0.3.144) i need if i have installed R.E.D. WWII Edition v.39 and R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v.5).civ5mod???
Thanks

I need u to help me pls idk why it said error unable to load Background_any number
Help me i tried pasting pict in .dds to replace the specific name error but it just wont work as like it generating random numbers every time i type the name like Background_22 it will spawn another Background error

Hi guys
I started play europe scenario eith italy but Germany are so stupid that probably axis loose the war. I haven't time to restart the game from 1939. Can you give me some savegames to 1940? Or tell me where can i find that?
Sorry for my bad english.

ps Where can I find R.E.D. complete manual?

Last edited:
Hi guys
I have a problem with hotseat campaign. I want to play with my brother pacific scenario so I select human on Japan and UK , computer on USA but when game start also USA and URSS are registered like human players.
Can you help me?

Top Bottom