DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION (latest patch: 07. Feb. 2024)

I second the request for normal-sized units. I like that units are scaled for clarity, not "realism" in Civ IV. Especially since if the scale was really realistic, your troops and landmarks would be invisible to the naked eye at the zoom level you're seeing the map from - just look at real aerial or space photos for reference.

Yes, I also recognized that you see all those realistic skins only when the units are bigger. I will undo that and offer a possibility to change the size easily.
The trees are a bit to high in some views, so I am not really satisfied with the smaller units....

Hello, is there a solution to the unit size? I also think it is hard to play the newer updates since the unit size changed so much. It just make me force my sight too much, it is tiring. As always thank you Pie, I really admire your mod.

Hm... it's only 25% smaller. I changed the size after the (smaller) 50%-test to 25%. Is it really so bad? The bigger the better?
I'll ask the German forum.

Ah! You can change the unit scale in Assets/XML/Misc/CIV4DetailManager.xml

PAE:
<Fader>
<Name>UNIT_SCALE</Name>
<Key>700.0, 0.8</Key>
<Key>1500.0, 1.0</Key>
<Key>3000.0, 1.4</Key>
<Key>5000.0, 0.6</Key>
</Fader>

Beyond the Sword:
<Fader>
<Name>UNIT_SCALE</Name>
<Key>700.0, 1.0</Key>
<Key>1500.0, 1.3</Key>
<Key>3000.0, 1.6</Key>
<Key>5000.0, 2.0</Key>
</Fader>

I've got this description in the PAE Extras folder. brettschmitt reminded me :D

Thanks Pie, it worked! I don't think I can speak for everyone, but I think the original setting on Unit Size is ok. But maybe my monitor is too small, I don't know. I just think playabiltity > aesthetiscs, 100%

Hello! I recently downloaded this mod and all the patches for it, however I'm running into an issue with certain scenario maps. On some maps the local civilization's cultural themes do not play when zooming in on their cities or opening up diplomacy screens. On other maps they do. Would much appreciate help in looking into this issue.

You only need to download the full version and the latest patch. All patches are included in the latest patch.

CIV leader themes: can you explain where this happens? which civ? which scenario?

The XXXL Eurasia map by Brettschmit. Phoenicia, Egypt, and Israel do not have city or diplomatic screen music. Those are the only ones I have confirmed so far, the other Civs/cities have their leader themes.

Hello, can you tell me, I can’t build a merchant ship? although there is a choice during construction.
1688153605942.png

And so at the moment with any trading unit, although the limit for them has not been reached.
1688154011835.png

1688154038587.png

We did have and fix this bug a while ago. Are you on the current beta 6.15h or a previous version?

By the way, have you thought about introducing a zone of control for the fort? It adds new tactics.

Advanced fort with zone of control is on the list...
Or should I better say on "a" list? Because that list is probaly burried under many other lists to be worked on first.

Since Zone of Control would need dll changes, and Pie ist still not in the mood to get the SDK in his hand ;)

Top Bottom