DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION (latest patch: 07. Feb. 2024)

HI
is this a bug? i tried the new rome scenario and the city view is empty! you cant change buildings, units, see any stats at all, could you please take a look?

also, one of the diadochi scenarios, the one with many nations, is taking forever for every turn, that one only! possibly a bug there too? is taking 2-3 minutes for a turn!

thanks!

tried 3 more scenarios, the city view is gone
upload_2021-3-19_16-17-6.png

Ok, I will have a look... plz stay tuned

about the GFC error: you may not rename the mod's folder. it has to be called PieAncientEuropeVI otherwise some files can't load the theme structure.

I managed to fix the last error with fresh installs of everything but the city view is most likely a bug..

Happy to see this fantastic mod still going strong! Praise the PIE!

======
Patch 6.9 for PAE VI full version simply downloads the Pie's Ancient Europe VI (671 MB, 14.07.2019).

How do I get the actual patch?

Hmm, now I am not even sure if that was an actual download. It simply does not respond when you click on this link...
I believe I tried downloading it via "open in a new tab"

Ok, managed to actually get it after "open in new window" ( nothing happens) then copying the URL and opening it again.

it looks like the developer is not interested in fixing the last patch..too bad, all the other improvements in it are useless.

oh.. the city view is already fixed for weeks. I forgot to note here... sorry. but just download the latest patch. I replaced the files. no need for a new version cause of that bug.

ok thanks. noticed everything is smaller now, units, resources, like a zoom out on the map. I believe much of the fun is lost with this update. any reason for this change?

Yes, it's more like CIV III. It is more realistic. My kids wondered why the units have to be so large (compared to trees, city buildings). I just changed 25% of the size. Some mods have more, which is to much I think.
improvements too. they now fit better to nature. It's really more realistic now. Quarries and mines that were taller than cities: NO.

sorry but everything is too small for me, the details of the units, resources are gone, etc. i just switched back to the previous version, I prefer that. is there a way to keep the game updates of this patch while using the older units?

OK, I will start a discussion about that in the german forum. the majority will decide. :)

Yes, it's more like CIV III. It is more realistic. My kids wondered why the units have to be so large (compared to trees, city buildings). I just changed 25% of the size. Some mods have more, which is to much I think.
improvements too. they now fit better to nature. It's really more realistic now. Quarries and mines that were taller than cities: NO.
changed all my units to be smaller years ago, so your kids are correct :)

nah, the fine details are gone now, who cares about the units size? glad I had a backup of the previous version.
couple of things I noticed:
1. some units have a movement of 1 only - not the supply wagons or rams. always been like that. for example iliryan hoplit.
2. you can never hire naval mercenaries.
3. you can never discover recurvebow with some nations though there are units that require it, never able to build them. for romans for example.
4. how to minimize the risk of insurgents appearing when slaves are making improvements?

Unit size: would be great, if it was possible to make units again 25% bigger in single unit option via dll. I don't know if this is possible.

1: illyrian hoplite: ah yes, has to be changed.
2: this is implemented: your neighbors have to be able to build those ships
3. this is intentional: if you don't have that knowledge, you can't build them. you have to "conquer" this knowledge. Besides, you don't need those units to win a game but it can be easier.
4. never. conquer more slaves and such loss are manageable.

Top Bottom