1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION Here

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Rhye, Jul 8, 2006.

1. AjvazDedo

AjvazDedo Chieftain

I have a big problem with the latest 1.186 rfc update. Every time i play the game crashes after some time of playing, an hour or more.There is no specific action that i do that trigers the crash, it just happens almost every time i play.
    Does anyone else have similar problem.

2. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

check the temperatures of your pc it sounds like an overheating problem, dust off the fans

3. AjvazDedo

AjvazDedo Chieftain

OK i'll check the fans,but the thing is this didn't happen before,i played almost all the rfc updates through the years and this is the first time that civ crash almost everytime i play, that didn't happen befor,and one more thing, not a bug but when a new civilization appears(let say I play with greece and persia,arabia or turkey spawn war is declared even if i agree to flip).

4. AjvazDedo

AjvazDedo Chieftain

Just to add that i have rolled back to version 1.185 and i dont have any problems. it runs without crashing so i think something is wrong with the latest update.

5. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

It's been working just fine for me and just about everyone else in this forum. My guess is actually that something at your end is the issue.

Are you using any other mods, such as Varietas Delectat for instance? There have been some reports that the Varietas Delectat graphics mod has been proving incompatible with RFC 1.186.

6. AjvazDedo

AjvazDedo Chieftain

No only other mod that i have instaled from the internet is Rise od Mankind.

7. serb_pagan

serb_pagan Chieftain

does all new features and upgrades work if i install only last 1.186 updateinto RFC folder? i mean, if i do not install oldest updates, like 1.185. ? is it necessary to install older upgrades to play a full upgraded game??

8. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

delete or rename your old RFC-directory, than extract the latest mod, that´s the best for a clean install.

9. serb_pagan

serb_pagan Chieftain

tnx dude :goodjob:

10. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

I found it on my computer, you can download it here

http://rapidshare.com/files/276005298/RFCB1184.zip

11. s91by

s91by Chieftain

I keep having problems, I have downloaded the latest version of Rhye's and Fall, and deleted the current folder for it and extracted the new DL to the folder. My version of BTS was 3.17 PRIOR to my extraction, and now every time i load the mod, the game crashes.

Why is this? Help?

12. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

The latest version is for BTS 3.19. You need to update to the latest BTS patch if you want to play the latest RFC.

13. s91by

s91by Chieftain

wow. I need to stay caught up. Ahaha

14. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I have the old version on my PC if you tell me how to upload it to you I will.

15. GretalHat

GretalHat Chieftain

I must be such a noob...

I have Vista, and the Program Files\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\MODS path doesn't work for me. Help please.

16. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Right click on your CIV BTS shortcut and click Properties, than read what is writen in the box next to the words: Start in

17. chazbedlam

chazbedlam Chieftain

I had RFC on my computer several months ago, but had some trouble with my hard drive and have had to reinstall everything. I just sat down to get this mod back, saved it to my desktop, extracted it, and moved it to the mods folder inside civ 4. However, Civ 4 refuses to recognize the mod. It gives me this "rfc1986 is not a valid mod - ignoring" error when I attempt to load a saved game. When I load the mod and attempt to start a new one, it simply loads a traditional civ game. I'm really starting to miss that "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" intro. Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm running Civ 4 vanilla v1.74

18. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

I'd say you messed up with the folders. In you MOD folder, the next one should Rhye's and Fall (or something similar), not rfc1986. I would say, search for the correct folder inside the rfc1986 folder, and put it directly into the MOD folder.

19. johny smith

johny smith Chieftain

Are the SDK file available somewhere to download?

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain