1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Haven´t progressed that far yet, but did notice an oddity with entering wormholes: the unit immediately tracks a route home to the original wormhole entry point (so you need to click and cancel the unit´s order after exiting the wormhole)...

2. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

Apart from the question of where is MY, that is the Star Trek mod I asked for, "troop transports" mod :)

Why does the menu never recommend I build "sensor stations"? The menu will recommends I build starbases but not sensor stations. I am still not exactly sure what advantage in forewarning a "sensor station" gives?

Live long and prosper.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Sensor stations start with sentry and also can see cloaked ships on adjacent tiles.

@jbfy: the amount of gold on the diplo screen is actually the amount the AI is willing to trade and not the amount they have.

4. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

Ahh, sentry stations can uncover cloaked ships. Thank you, Deanej.

Live long and prosper.

5. jfby

jfby Chieftain

LOL. I have given untold thousands away thinking my allies needed the money!

6. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

This is a known issue, albeit one I actually forgot about.

It's something to do with the porting of the Wormholes code to the DLL- the movement queue needs to be reset or something.

This has been around since FF+ 1.3 and should be fixed- but I'm not totally sure how.

7. jose1357

jose1357 Chieftain

I installed latest patch, but on Eugenics scenario as Serbia I am getting my stack of mech inf. near Los Angeles, is this supposed to happen?

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

No... looks like I forgot about the Aegis part way though coding the war declaration defense!

9. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've released 4.27 on the first post. Not much changed:
    -Eugenics Wars: Fixed human defender unit spawn for Hunyadi and Morrison
    -Borg tech assimilation for system capture now controllable via GlobalDefinesAlt

10. LordRuin

LordRuin Chieftain

The Deep Space Nine campaign crashs while loading "Initi XML (Uncache" or something.

11. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Looks like I forgot that DS9 had an extra art define. Patch on first post.

12. jfby

jfby Chieftain

I cheated and checked worldbuilder and still no starbases yet... I'll probably start a new game next week and see if things change.

13. LordRuin

LordRuin Chieftain

I was playing ST Galaxy map, and I have a few suggestions.

Andorian Imperial Guard
    Unique Unit: Kumari

Vulcan High Command
    Unique Unit: Surok ( or however its spelt.)
    Unique Building: High Command?

Also, Will the Andorians, and Vulcans be available for play in the vanilla Star Trek mod?

14. jfby

jfby Chieftain

The one thing I have noticed is that my turn time increased in my game from 5-10 seconds between turns to 15-20. It could be a result of patching a game part way through, but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed the same thing.

15. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

I wasn't aware that the Vulcans were a separate race in the present marque? I have a planet Vulcan in my Federation which I colonised and is simply made up of Federationers. So I assumed there are no Vulcans as a separate race as yet?

It would be nice to have the Vulcans as a separate race; oh, and troop transports, too. :)

Also, if I may mention this; I don't think we are prompted to build sensor stations in the way that we are prompted to build Starbases. Is that a good idea? It would be nice IMHO to have, instead of mere sensor stations, outposts, which are sensor stations, with some limited defensive value.

Happy New Year in that Final Frontier.

16. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

The Vulcans are a civ in the ST Galaxy scenario/mod.

17. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

Thanks for your response, God-Emperor.

I have been progressing through an all the ages scenario and in this Vulcan was the name of a planet to be colonised and so I colonised it; no sign of any Vulcans elsewhere! And I am now late into the game.

Live long and prosper.

18. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The reason Vulcan, Andor, and Tellar are separate civs in The Galaxy is because that scenario includes the mechanic of founding the Federation. In the epic game, the Federation comes pre-founded.

19. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

So the Vulcans come ready made part of the Federation, IC.

20. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Amendment: I started a new game and I have seen a few starbases, nice. The time between turns hasn't been a problem, either.