1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Haven't done any .py work, but logically speaking this should be a solid fix.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Probably is a conscription thing then. The first conscriptable unit is the Warp 5 Ship, so the odds of a player having more than one city and no conscriptable units is very low (though possible thanks to inhabited planets).

Not sure how I'll fix this. Probably just post a fixed file with instructions of where to put it and upload a new full install.

3. jfby

jfby Chieftain

I was looking at the worldbuilder in my game last night and noticed that adding solar systems seems to work now (star shows up along with planets). IIRC at one point in time using WB to add a system resulted in a 'blank' system with no star or planets but rather just the orbits. Is it functional now?

If so this is great; too many games I've played one or more race gets hampered by very poor starting position. In fact the game I'm playing now the Klingons have 1/6 the map to themselves with 9 civs total, but that space is mostly nebula and 1/3 the system density of the rest of the map. I cleared much of the nebula and popped in some systems, I just hope there are no fatal errors I just introduced.

Thanks!

4. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

Please let us know how this option for creating new systems works out, jfby, or whether there are any bugs. Because I would like to avail myself of it and for the same reasons.

Live long and prosper.

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The worldbuilder changes introduced in 3.0 allow solar systems to work properly. I didn't convert the older scenarios to it though - old maps won't load with it. The epic game, ST Mirror, and ST Maquis all use the new worldbuilder. The others are on the old one.

6. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

What about "All the Ages" which is the one I invariably play?

Live long and prosper.

7. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Not sure what you mean... if you mean the epic game (ie, no scenarios, not that the game speed is set to epic), then it's the new one. If you mean The Galaxy (ST Galaxy), then it's the old one. All the pre-3.0 scenarios (ie, everything except ST Mirror and ST Maquis) are on the old one.

8. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

I think I mean then the "epic game". Many thanks, Deanej, the upgrade should probably work for me.

Live long and prosper.

9. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've attached the partisans fix to this post. Simply copy and overwrite the file in Mods\Star Trek\Assets\Python\EntryPoints and in Mods\ST Galaxy\Assets\Python\EntryPoints. I'll upload a new installer with the fix included as well. This officially brings Star Trek to 4.29.

EDIT: And sorry it took so long. I inteneded to provide time to comment on the manner of its release and then forgot about it.

Attached Files:

10. Link0

Link0 Chieftain

So I managed to download the mod, but now I'm having issues installing. After I extract the archive to a temporary location and double-click on the Star Trek.exe file and it seems to go through the install process then stops.
    It asks me what components I want to install and since there's only one choice, i chose the default.

Now when I click 'install', I get an error message that says

You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:
    C:\APP

or a UNC path in the form:

\\server\share

then it closes. Any thoughts? Will this mod simply not work if Civ4 is installed on an external hdd like mine is?

thanks

11. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Just got this in the main thread as well. Reply reporduced below:
    Is there some edition of civ4 that doesn't use the regular registry entry? The installer assumed that the entry exists so it doesn't know what to do if it doesn't find it.

12. Overlord_Yuri

Overlord_Yuri Chieftain

I got the same thing, Steam edition on a Win7 64-bit computer.

Looking forward to playing this mod again! ;)

EDIT: I made the registry key, but it didn't work.
    Then I started the game, apparently I haven't played it at all since I installed it. Not sure what did it, but at least now I can play! Starting the game for the first time probably created some registry files or something of the sort.

13. jfby

jfby Chieftain

No errors produced thankfully, just a more balanced game.

On another note I recently overclocked my CPU by a moderate amount and the time to process between turns dropped accordingly; I was most pleased =).

14. dataskywalker

dataskywalker Chieftain

I know this might be a stupid question, but are there any more Federation ships in the mod (4.29) besides Constitution?

15. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The Constitution is the only one as a UU, but the art for many others is there and used as a unique art type (similar to how in BtS Chinese warriors look different from American warriors).

16. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Several of us have created unique mod-mod(-mod?) that has more unique units for each civ, but balancing is hard and the setup Deanej works well; I just couldn't help myself.

17. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

Speaking of more ships, any possibility of troops ships? ;)

It holds out so many more possibilities and strategic choices, such as having to provide for the ground defence of the system?

Live long and prosper.

18. gracjanski

gracjanski Chieftain

the 4.29 file is damaged -> cant unzip it, downloaded it already twice, once with opera, once with ff. I got win7, 7-zip + winrar

19. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Cmcastl, I know I've said this before, and I know it doesn't exactly meet your desires, but here is what I would do:
    Make a new ship class that is basically a modified light cruiser but use whatever graphic you like. I would make it have at least 3 different levels; 1st at photon torpedo (2 strength, 2 movement), 2nd at replicator (5 strength, 3 movement), and 3rd and quantum (8 strength, 4 movement), or however you want to do it. I would then give it +200% to system attack/defense, but -50% space/asteriod defense and also maybe give it system bombard ability. It would lack the ability to gain strength from structures like you've asked several times, but I feel this is a workable compromise. It would also be questionable if the computer could use it, but it would be worth a try.
    And the strenghts are just guesses; basically you would want it strong enough to be able to beat a ship that has been diminished in strength by a bombardment, but not so strong it could take out the highest class ship the enemy has fortified with no issue.

20. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Chieftain

Fair enough, Jfyby; I am glad you are thinking about it, thank you. But to make it more fun, defence must be able to meet offence, to give more strategic choices/dilemmas. So, there should be an option for a planet/system to resist invasion however it might be described.

Live long and prosper.