1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. vedli

vedli Chieftain

Great as ever mate, Have only dabbled in the scenarios, only played the 22nd century one so far and it crashed near the start of the game (annoying). Three questions.

1) Why does the tech tree for the 22nd scenario always display the same quote when you finishing learning a new technology (the one about memory alpha been destroyed)?

2) Would it be possible to use the model for the NX class as the model for the Deep space probe in the epic game (same stats as the probe but a different skin)? I think would be cool since the epic game does start in the Enterprise era it would be nice to have at least one NX class ship around and it's not like it'll be around forever, it'll be replaced by the advanced deep space probe soon enough.

3) why when I start playing do I start with on NX class ship and 4 Unknown class ships (aka a default FF destroyer) Why not just make them NX class?

EDIT: okay so I tried playing the 22nd century scenario again and it crashed again! It was around the same point again towards the beginning of the game I don't know what move it at but I can say that I had managed to build a factory, another NX class ship, a colony ship and a monument on Earth before it crashed again. I'll do a prober bug test later but right now I can't be bothered.

Another Edit: Okay I think there is something wrong with the Enterprise mod itself since my Earth-Romulan war game also just crashed a few turns after turn 17, again, I wasn't looking.

2. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

@vedli:to all questions: In a few weeks the new version of my mod-mod will be includ all of this you want.
    See this thread here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288811
    It will allow you playing from ENT to Voyager. Later there will also a be new map who follows the Star Trek timline with all wars and joinigs to the Federation, but if you can not wait for this and prefer to play with deanje's main mod. You can change this by our own if you want to this please write it and a will give you a short describtion how to do and a link for a good xml editor, you need for this one.

3. vedli

vedli Chieftain

@ Imrahiel all I wanted was to change the model of the Deep space probe (like the one you get when you a start a new epic game) from the default FF model to the NX class model from Star Trek: Enterprise Scenarios. This would only be for when I'm playing as Federation of course.

This is just to placate my inner lore nerd who keeps saying " I wish that was the NX-01 Enterprise exploring the galaxy and not just some random probe".

4. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

@vedli: Do you have Vista? I have no idea why the mod crashes, it doesn't for me, are you doing anything specific when this happens? Perhaps you could give a save from just before it crashes? I have no clue what causes this, and little experience isolating crashes in general.

6. vedli

vedli Chieftain

Nope, XP could just be something weird with my Laptop though, Like I said I'll do proper crash testing when I get the free time.

7. vedli

vedli Chieftain

opps, double post. <.< >.>

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I could still use a save if you have one (if not an autosave will work too, just tell me how many more turns until the crash and what you did in the mean time). I did about 25 turns of playtesting as Starfleet when I went to get screenshots for the 22nd century scenario, but that's it. I hope to release the patch soon, and it would be nice to fix this issue too.

9. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

my save is four post up

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Well, it didn't crash for me. Is there anything specific that you do? I set both systems to build factories when prompted, researched improved hull plating when prompted, sent Enterprise 2 tiles "south" and fortified the other vessels.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that it may have something to do with a possible incompatibility with 64 bit systems or having a different install path.
    @vedli: do you have a 64 bit version of Windows or civ in a different install path than the one in the readme?

11. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

i do have a 64bit but the other mod works fine
    c:/programsfiles86/fraxis/civilization4/btsword/mod
    it does not matter what i do it crash
    i'm using blue marble
    in your computer work because you have somthing diferent that the dawload
    in the ent. folder

12. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

please help, when ever i try to load the mod it says invlaid mod file and failes ot load it up. Its in mods folder for bts as instructed.

13. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Could you post a screenshot of the error, as well as make sure that you did not create a Star Trek folder (as some are prone to do). I would also check to make sure that you have the art/sound pack installed. Also, check to make sure that you have a valid copy of the Final Frontier mod that comes with BtS and that you have the 3.17 patch.

14. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

sorrycant get screen print to work but the exact text is "mods\star trek\ ia an invalid mod directory, ingnoring" i have got patch 3.17 art/sound is installed in the My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets. donmt know what i am doing wrong.....

15. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

is there a newer version of final frontier maybe i do not have? i have not updated it ever....
    tried moving sound files just to see if it made any differance and it did not if that helps..

16. Zalcron

Zalcron Chieftain

it worjks now after i reset the machien, but for some reason it will not load up the scenarios, they are not even on the scenario selection screen.

17. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Could you provide a list of the files located in the Mods\Star Trek\PrivateMaps directory? Also, are you looking at the scenario selection screen with the Star Trek mod loaded? Also, the .fpk files in the art/sound pack need to be installed in Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Assets (the game won't recognize them in CustomAssets). Sorry if the art/sound pack stuff is confusing, but until Firaxis makes it possible to create mods for mods properly I can't really do anything to simplify it.

@Pablod: could you try disabling Blue Marble and see if the mod still crashes? I don't see why Blue Marble would work with the rest of the mod and crash this scenario, but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

18. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've released the 1.12 patch. It fixes the following issues:
    -Fixed bug where some scenarios didn't have starbase culture
    -More systems in scenarios have nutrition/mining facility
    -Removed Transwarp Corridor on plot in Earth-Romulan war scenario
    -Population adjustments for barbarian cities in 22nd Century scenario
    -Fixed bug where game was unable to detect whether the map was a scenario or not
    -Fixed python exception when AI player has no units
    -Added epic game option for 22nd Century scenario
    -Unit names are now stored in scenario files
    -Scenario files no longer store what a city is currently producing.
    -Deep Space Nine now gives starbase culture

19. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

still crash, the scenarios when i chose other civilazation besides earth it crash before start

but it work realy good in flat.py thanks
    it is your scenario files ,problably options like no barbarian or something

may is something to do with vista name of programfiles= program files (x86)

20. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Seeing as I got a new PC (with Vista), I've started reinstalling a lot of stuff, including Star Trek Mod. I noticed the following: with Star Trek I have no era music and with DS 9 the civ list (again) lets some civ names trail off screen (not a biggie, but still). Which gave me the following suggestion: a FAQ thread for Star Trek Mod might be a good idea.;)