1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Sorry, wrong thread...

2. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

EDIT: Ignore this post, I didn't see on the Hosting thread that the files are being transfered back to filefront today.

Since I'm working on my own FF mod, I decided to DL this to see what ideas I can borrow, but when I go to dl the main mod, it takes me to the filedropper home page instead of the dl page. It might be the dl page, but I can't find the link for it.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Actually, the files are already there, it's just a matter of linking back to them. You can use this link to access them until I get around to updating the posts.

4. azzedar

azzedar Chieftain

mod = dead?
    none of the links works.

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Copy that.;)

7. phungus420

phungus420 Chieftain

FileFront was down for 2 days, and Strategy informer for the good part of the day a little bit ago, so that's probably what he ran into.

8. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

I can't play the scenarios

edit: i know how to play scenarios, its just that in the "play a scenario" screen, there are NO scenarios to choose from. They are in the maps folder, they just don't appear in the scenario screen.

9. deanej

deanej Chieftain

While inside the main mod select "Play a Scenario" and select the one you want to play (the game will have to restart to load it).

10. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

in the scenario screen there are no scenarios.

11. deanej

deanej Chieftain

There should be. What about the rest of the mod? Does it work?

12. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

Yes, the rest of the mod works great. It is a great mod, by the way (even though for some reason the scenarios don't appear in the scenario screen.)!

13. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

I've installed the new patch, and the problem was that the scenarios were not in the mod folder. Bet now, when it tries to lod one of the scenarios, I get a TON of errors, and then the game crashes.

14. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Which patch? The one listed here in the first post, something for civ, etc. Also, could you give the first error or two that appears (if the first one says something about a schema, don't bother with a second as it won't help anyways).

15. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've released the update to make Star Trek compatable with 3.19 (attacked to this post). I have a couple of things I want you guys to check for (these actually relate to 2.0 changes that are coming out early):
    -In Deep Space Nine, could someone check to see if the leader text is correct for leaders that have changed since a save? As in:
    Let's say you saved before Damar became leader of Cardassia. Then you started a new session, Damar became leader of Cardassia, and you saved (and may have noticed that his name was still Dukat). Could you check that last save to see if his name is Damar now? I think I may have fixed that bug but I'm not sure (note: the bug only shows up when loading from a save - leaders that change during your first play session work properly). This affects Xindi Attack too, but the problem is less prevelant there because it's a shorter scenario.
    -I've enabled the High to Low option for this patch. Could someone make sure it works? I tested it and it didn't seem to work but that may have been because I was cheating to get the test over with quickly.

16. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

What's that?

17. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It's one of the options from the Assimilation mod. You start as one player, get the highest score, then you're supposed to become the lowest player, get the highest score, then get bumped to the lowest player again and then aim to win the game. In my tests the switch wasn't happening correctly in Star Trek but that may have been due to the fact that I was cheating to finish sooner and not playing normally.

18. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Jeelen noticed some funny stuff going on with the options in the Orion mod. Maybe that's also going on here.

19. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

It sounds pretty cool. Unfortunatly I can't test it, as I have to wait for Rhye to update RFC before I'll patch.

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I think I remember him saying that High to Low worked for him, which is why I'm asking for testing here. Barbarian World does not (which is why it's disabled in Star Trek; I may add some code to python to make it work in the future).