1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Indeed, barb world doesn't work (I just messed up disabling that option in MOO2Civ).

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Well, I can confirm that the leaders fix does work (I just did a test game in DS9). It would be nice if someone with 3.19 could confirm on High to Low, though.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've released version 2.0 (download on first post). I've merged the art/sound pack into the main download so there's only one (larger) file to download. It's a full install; you may want to delete/rename the mod folders before installing it but that shouldn't be necessary. The changelog can be found in this post.

If anyone wants to test out High to Low still you can go to Assets\XML\GameInfo\Civ4GameOptionInfos.xml and near the bottom fine GAMEOPTION_CHALLENGE_HIGH_TO_LOW and set bVisible to 1 and you can use it in a custom game.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I'm guessing then Assimilation mod works w/3.19 or did you change anything in there? (I've asked Kael if he was gonna update to 3.19, but got no reply so far...)

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The Assimilation code itself works fine without changing. The DLL, on the other hand, does. Merging in the Assimilation mod with a 3.19 DLL would work fine without changing anything, but the base one in the download won't work anymore.

You can probably just use the Star Trek DLL for MOO2Civ - all you would need to do to get it to work is use my version of Civ4UnitSchema.xml. The three XML tags I added don't need to be merged in to the files themselves; they only need to be included if you want to use them (they all deal with the cloaking device).

6. mrsako

mrsako Chieftain

Looked in the Civopedia... multiple pink boxes in almost all categories.

7. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

thank you for the best mode
    in the instruccion you sed to put .fkp files in the bts folder but
    there are goin in asset folder right

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Oops. No idea how to fix this without making the file down for 4 hours (as thats how long it takes to upload and filefront does not allow files with the same name to co-exist).

mrsako, the fix there would be to disregard the wrong instructions and move them into Beyond the Sword\Assets.

9. Nameless One

Nameless One Endarkened Despot

I see no special feedback thread so I'm posting here.

I think that Light I finds in wrecks are too powerful in Enterprise Era start in non-scenario game. It was ok in previous version of the mod where you started with technology to build Light I in your cities, but now it gives you a unit that you probably won't be able to build in another 100 turns. A civ that finds a Light I in a wreck gets a huge military advantage over the others, much like a hero in FfH2 except that not every civ gets a chance to have one. It's also very unrealistic to find a starship fully built according to your civ's design floating adrift somewhere in space. I suggest replacing this wreck result with discovery of a malfunctioning probe that can easily be repaired.

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Hence why I'm changing it to Warp 5 Ship in the next patch. I have thought of the idea of replacing the goody event giving an Exploration I with a probe.

Yes, it is unrealistic, but I don't want to remove the goody events entirely. I could have it give an Alien Ship though (with changed stats, naturally).

11. Nameless One

Hell, no, don't remove them, it would be horrible. It would be great if you could expand them. Exploration is an important part of Star Trek universe. Alien Ship or Deep Space Probe would be just fine replacement for the vanilla Warrior.

12. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

Help! Whenever I try to download 2.0 of the mod, it fails to download!

13. deanej

deanej Chieftain

No idea on how to help there. All I can say is that I've had MASSIVE problems with FileFront lately. I think I'll have to move my files to Atomic Gamer.

EDIT: My upload of the Road to War UE for 3.19 finally redirected after 20 minutes of saying "please wait for the redirect" so try again now; it may work.

EDIT2: Looks like FileFront's real slow today.

14. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

I'd appreciate it, unless I get it to work on Filefront ;) :lol:

15. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Are you still having problems right now? I plan to try reuploading it somewhere later today (to fix the install instructions) and most people seem to prefer FileFront (since they don't have a wait time).

16. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

I've tried downloading it about 3 or 4 times, all ending with a failure to download. HOWEVER, it would download more of the file each time before failing. The first time, it only downloaded about 200 mbs, the time after that downloaded about 40%, and the last time about 75 to 79%. I'll try it again and see if it works, but not until later tonight ( maybe at 9 or 10 o'clock.) Thanks for answering my posts! It really makes you feel a bit better knowing that the mod creator is trying to help deal with bugs and/or other problems!

17. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I have the changes I want for the next patch ready to go (haven't done them yet, but I've typed up exactly what I want to to and what files will be changed; also useful for actually assembling the patch download). I'll wait a little bit to see if anything else comes up in the next couple days.

I've also managed to upload a new version of the download with the install instructions corrected; I'll upload the download page shortly.

18. Nameless One

AtomicGamer has an annoying wait time, plus you have to keep that even more annoying small popup open during that time. I suggest Mediafire for file uploads. They work similar to RapidShare with a very cool interface and none of those long 15-minute wait times which make RapidShare horrible.

19. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

I've tied downloading the updated version, but it still fails. When you change the download page, please post it. Hopefully it will work if it's from a different download server.

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Unfortunatly, the free version of Mediafire is limited to 100 mb per file (Star Trek is ~550 mb).