1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Great work guys! :hatsoff:

2. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

1000000000000 thanks

3. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

No 1000000000001 Thanks:D.
    The ships look so great.:goodjob:

4. Jaydn

Jaydn Chieftain

Repost from the main thread...

Yeah I was afraid of that. Civ 4 seems to have great issue with model textures that use the same file name, and in the case of NX-01, Galaxy, Sovereign, & Fed Starbase I didn't do, I only changed them to the Terran colours to but had to leave the file names the same. If the game you load uses both the UFP and the Terran Empire, Civ4 gets confused and doesn't know what texture to use.

I'm gonna have to remodel those 4 units and give the textures different names. It may not happen until the next patch as it will involve everyone downloading a new FPK file. For now you'll have to use your imagination.

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I've released the 2.37 patch; download on first post; fixes the following issues:
    -Eugenics Wars: Added Gomez (Peru), Amin (Somolia), and Tiejun (Amazon) as playable nations
    -Eugenics Wars: Removed some cultural buildings (and Christianity and the Pavillion) from Calcutta
    -Eugenics Wars: AI random wars won't occur until after the 20th turn (for real this time)
    -Terran empire uses NX class for Warp 7 Ship
    -Eugenics War scenario stores description direcly in scenario file (so it displays properly in regular BtS)
    -Eugenics Wars: AI random war declaration chance cut in half
    -Eugenics Wars: Transporter Suppression: added help text, raised AI weight to 10
    -Eugenics Wars: When an AI random war declaration is against the human player, the player gets 10 mechanized infantry
    -Gomtuu: strength 10, uses explorer AI
    -Text fixes
    -Fixed bug in CvAI.py on line 168 (counted food instead of production)
    -Eugenics Wars: renamed Klaus Kinkel to Jaques Delors
    -Eugenics Wars: converted many starting units to city defense AI
    -Fixed bug in CvAI.py on line 431 (counted production of current build, always 0 when counted, for military weight instead of total production capability of the city)
    -Deep Space Nine: season 7 data stored should now store across game sessions
    -Chance to force AI to build construction ship removed in scenarios with pre-built improvements; otherwise reduced to 5% (from 15%)

Unless other bugs/issues pop up, this will be the last patch for 2.0. Look forward to 3.0 in the coming months.

6. jfby

jfby Chieftain

I've played several games now and never ceased to be amazed. I couldn't help myself and I gave every Civ (that I play with/against) unique units for every unit based on research online and the shows, but the heart of the mod remains and it is well balanced. All I need to do now is get a couple of my friends interested in a multiplayer set-up. Thank you for all your hard work Deane.

7. jfby

jfby Chieftain

I've run into a frustrating error: every time I reach turn 345, the game crashes. I load a game on turn 344, and then it crashes. I load a game at 336, and once it reaches 345, it crashes again. I would load the save game, but I've modified it extensively so I would need to load other files. I've attached a screenshot of the error. I don't think the changes are causing the problem as I've played past 345 using the same setup before with no problems at all.

Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

What's going on at turn 345? If you didn't make DLL changes I have one with asserts turned on in the Mods/Star Trek/SDK Source folder. Replace the Star Trek DLL with that one and there should be an error(s) when the crash happens.

9. jfby

jfby Chieftain

The last few assert failures are as follows:

FIle: CvCity.cpp
    Line: 789
    Expression: getBaseYieldRate(YIELD_FOOD)==0

File: CvPlayer.cpp
    Line: 2127
    Expression: eUnit !=NO_UNIT

File: CvUnit.cpp
    Line: 91
    Expression: NO_UNIT !=eUnit
    There were other errors when it was looking for Gomtuu in Unitinfos and Chang in espionagemissioninfos.

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Did you recently switch from XP to Vista or 7, and was one of your changes to make one unitclass have no default unit? If so, that's your problem. XP is OK with that but it is technically wrong and Vista and 7 are far less forgiving of errors than XP is.

11. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Yeah, I now have a Vista laptop with no hope of running XP. Can I just run in compatibility mode and fix the problem?
    What do you mean by "make one unitclass have no dafault unit"? I have given unique units to many of the civs for each unit type, but each unit type has a default unit (I only modded 7 of the species).

12. deanej

deanej Chieftain

If you have <DefaultUnit> set to NONE in any entry in Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml, that's the issue.

I don't know if compatability mode would fix anything, but you can try it. XP Mode in Windows 7 would probably fix it as well.

13. jfby

jfby Chieftain

All default unis are assigned a value. Compatability mode does not work though. I will keep tryin new things...

14. Ambreville

Ambreville Chieftain

Greetings. It's my first attempt at running the Star Trek mod. Unfortunately, I get a GFC error msg when loading the mod. Installed both the mod and its patch as directed in the readme files. What could be causing the issue???

15. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Do you have a working copy of Final Frontier (which comes with BtS)?

16. Ambreville

Ambreville Chieftain

Nope. Guess not. I deleted it some time ago. I guess that's the problem.

17. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

GFC error is the one where the mod is not installed to the right directory, according to Kael from the FFH 2 Bug Thread:

18. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It gets tricky with Star Trek. Since themes are the only things that can be loaded from another mod folder, Star Trek does not actually include the theme and just hitches off of Final Frontier's. But yes, a theme can't be loaded from the My Games folder.

19. Ambreville

Ambreville Chieftain

I'd rather not reinstall BtS and its patches. Is there I way I can get the files I really need without reinstalling all of Final frontier?

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain

MOO2Civ and Babylon 5 might have them. Just create a Final Frontier folder in Mods and copy the Resource directory from one of those mods over to it.