1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download RF:Greek World alpha here!

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by Arkaeyn, Oct 9, 2009.

1. AlexanderGreat4

AlexanderGreat4 Chieftain

Why have things slowed down so much here?

2. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

Main reason is that we lost most people with coding or modding expertise around October or so. There also appear to be far more people willing to argue minutiae about leaderheads than actually willing to do actual modding.

I've talked with Rhye, who's still interested in the project, but still generally busy, unfortunately.

3. JiimBV

JiimBV Afro Samurai

Arkaeyn, I would if I knew how. But I can't even figure out how to add an extra unit to a nation on its start, so I honestly can't help much.

4. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

If RFC, that's trickier than it appears, because there's lots of scripting going on with the map. I can't blame you on that one.

But we do have some other brainstorming things to do. Mainly buildings. And the City Names and Settler Maps are no-modding-XP-necessary. I've just gotten kind of busy and hit a wall with some modding stuff, but if you'd like to help in either of those directions, they could be quite fruitful.

5. The Turk

The Turk Deity

How come there has been no new versions of this mod in such a long time? Has work on this mod completely stopped?

6. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

See three messages above yours.

7. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I thought something like this would happen, Rhye should have continued development on RFC rather then take on a new mod which no one cares about obviously, the real prize now is RFC Europe which is on the rise

8. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Warlord

I care about this mod.

9. AlexanderGreat4

AlexanderGreat4 Chieftain

But RFC Europe sounds so boring. Who cares about the Medieval age? I stop playing regular RFC after 600AD and start again.

10. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

I also thought that the Medieval was a not so interesting part of European history, but the game is actually pretty cool and it even made me read some interesting articles in a history magazine. Now I consider it to be one of the most interesting parts.:)

11. micbic

micbic Optimistic Pessimist

Obviously, many. Try it out, you have nothing to lose.
    What exactly don't you like at the Medieval Ages (there must be a reason to think of it as boring) ?

12. tachidi

tachidi Chieftain

any news about work progress?

13. The Turk

The Turk Deity

This mod is as good as dead, currently Rhye is working on a patch for RFC

14. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

I'd say it's just the opposite until your statement is confirmed: since RFC will get it's final patch very soon, there is hope that RFC:GW will be Rhye's next project, until Civ 5 is released. I'm one of the guys who prefer Civ 4 with RFC mechanics than Civ 5 without.

15. kravixon

kravixon Warlord

I'd play both :)

I don't know anything about modding scripts, units, civs, or anything, but if this project is getting worked on again I'll volunteer to work on city names/settler maps.

16. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn King

I couldn't really get any further without any coding help, so I passed it along to Rhye. I hope he can come in and revive the mod.

17. The Flame8

The Flame8 Prince

Can you get this as a regular zip file. it looks cool but i cant unzip rar files

18. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I would love to help out with this if I wasn't so busy. Sounds like a great idea and I'd urge anybody who has worked on it to try and finish it up. The concept is awesome, it is a cool time period and there is enough art out there (units, structures, flags, etc.) to make this an awesome looking game too.

So don't give up guys.

19. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

I think every one already has given up.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I think everyone would love to help making this mod, but don't have the coding skills to make it. If someone takes up the major coding, I bet many will help by testing the mod and give feedback.