Download Speeds

skyline5k

Warlord
Having trouble downloading anything off of CivFanatics. The download starts at 6 K or something, and just drops to damn near zero, then the connection gives up. I'm using ADSL, so this shouldn't be a problem. Would this have something to do with my location? I've read here about some decent mods, but I just can't get them. Any suggestions?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
skyline5k said:
Would this have something to do with my location? I've read here about some decent mods, but I just can't get them. Any suggestions?
Most likely... No one else seems to have this download problem. Maybe you can ask a friend who lives near you to download a file and see if he has the same problem....

GenMarshall

Highborne Night Elven Ghost Agent
New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
skyline5k said:
Having trouble downloading anything off of CivFanatics. The download starts at 6 K or something, and just drops to damn near zero, then the connection gives up. I'm using ADSL, so this shouldn't be a problem. Would this have something to do with my location? I've read here about some decent mods, but I just can't get them. Any suggestions?
I know the same thing happens to me, but that only happens to me on a very rare ocasion and thankfully it does not happen in CFC.

Ankka

Deity
I have never had problems with this. Maybe your location is affecting it like you said... :hmm:

skyline5k

Warlord
Apparently it was only a temporary thing (about a month or so...). I got on two days ago and got every update I've been trying to get for quite some time now, all in one day. I guess that's China Telecom for you. Why their stocks are good (from China's viewpoint) is beyond me.

Top Bottom