1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Planetfall Mod' started by Maniac, Dec 7, 2007.

1. malonkey1

malonkey1 Chieftain

No. You see, it works like the normal corporations in that the only way to spread them is to build them in a city.

2. nevill

nevill Warlord

Can someone please clarify?

The latest version on moddb.com seems to be 14c, yet Maniac himself only mentioned 14b as the latest patch a few posts back. Is there a typo on moddb.com? Or was there a silent update?

3. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

There's some testing done on a version before it is publically released. Perhaps it was put out on the public spot before intented.
    Or else Maniac didn't come around posting about a new patch just yet.

4. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Patch c Changelog:

1. Temporarily replaced Thunderbolt model to fix crash.
    2. Thunderbolt interception chance reduced to 75%.
    3. The Anti-Tank special ability has been renamed U-235 Shells and has Nuclear Physics as a tech prerequisite.

5. Brian Shanahan

Brian Shanahan Permanoob

I don't know if there is already a solution for my problem, but here goes:
    1) Downloaded mod and latest patch,
    2) Loaded mod,
    3) Started normal SP game,
    4) everything loads except for unit graphics, can order them around they make the appropriate noises but I can see nothing.

I was given Deirdre as a random pick, please help?

I'm running 3.19 with the latest BUG mod.

Edit: I'm a complete idiot, I had the bare map toggled on from my last game and it carried over. Please ignore the above. Mod looks good when I can see the stuff

6. cha dawn

cha dawn Warlord

the latest patch is not more available

7. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Patch d is awaiting authorization.

8. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Patch 14d for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v14 file of Planetfall. Patch d breaks games started under the previous patches.

Changelog:

1. Disabled some python callbacks as per Sephi's Speed Mod.
    2. The Hybrid civic no longer completely removes Number of Cities maintenance. Instead Number of Cities maintenance in a base is reduced by 10% for every Fungus or Hybrid Forest feature within its radius. The health penalty is reduced to -1.
    3. University Artillery units always heal, "march ability".
    4. Believer Cultural Golden Age: culture is accumulated on player level and can trigger a golden age at a certain threshold.
    5. Angel infantry units can pick the unique Spectre special ability: the unit attacks the weakest target and is given covert ops invisibility, but each Spectre counts towards the probe team limit.
    6. Gaian Colony Pods and Probe Teams gain double movement speed on Forest and Fungus.
    7. The Accuracy special ability has been renamed to Heavy Artillery.
    8. Barrage I has been turned into a special ability.
    9. The Thermobaric Missile unit can choose one of three spec abs: Barrage I, Precision or Fuel Nanocells.
    10. Cloning Vats increase production speed of Infantry units by 10%.
    11. In Diplomatic Victory elections each civ has one vote, Civ5-style.
    12. Warning message added when you have a positive Psi Potential and a Spawning Spot is created on a revealed plot.
    13. Blockade bug with Expansion factions should be fixed.

Attached Files:

9. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Ah, very happy to see that there's still some progress! :goodjob:

(I know, I wanted to do more stuff on it, but Real Life(TM) currently proves to be very time-consuming :()

Cheers, LT.

10. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

There is not a lot of going on in this section but I have to ask something and hopefully someone will reply.

I have been trying to make a module for the latest version but it just won't work. I activated modular loading in the ini file, I made the proper modules folder and done all the xml work right. But for some reason the module just newer effects anything.

Any idea why this would be happening?

11. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

The main download file at moddb seems to be down? Any chance of other mirrors?

12. Wodan

Wodan Deity

There are other mirrors. The link flashes up real quick though.

13. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Version 15 of Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This new version will break save games from previous versions.

Don't forget to reapply the SMAC fx and voices folder, and the movie files. A new version creates a new mod folder after all.

Basically it just creates one single package of v14 and its patches. Two other minor things:

1. Added some strategy texts for the civics.
    2. Fixed some bug with Concordat resolution defiances - I don't remember what it was because I fixed it over seven months ago...

14. planetfall fan

planetfall fan Chieftain

Hi Maniac, first I just wanted to thank you for making such a wonderful game! I`ve been playing Planetfall for years (SMAC for even longer), and this is my first time posting. I recently installed v15, and I`m having weird text issues in the game. For example, at the custom game screen, "Base razing allowed" appears as "TXT_BASE_RAZING" or something like that. About half of the text is like that. Otherwise the game works fine, and it`s only a minor annoyance.

If it`s only me, could you send me a link to v14, as I never had any problems with that. And yes, I have all the civ4 patches.

15. planetfall fan

planetfall fan Chieftain

Sorry, it was an XML error in civ4. Everything is working fine now!

16. frookenhauer

frookenhauer Chieftain

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Great work Maniac...Just when I'd given up on smac 2 this comes up!

You da man!

17. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Is development on this still happening?

18. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Development is no longer happening.

19. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Note, though, if you fancy making a modmod or something like that... give me a shout, I have a couple unfinished art assets.

I didn't had time and motivation to fully finish them during 2010, afterwards, my schedule freed up a bit, but the development stopped. The Civ4 modding community is a lot less active after Civ5's launch as well, so I never saw a real point in finishing/releasing them. If you need or want them, I had a reason to work on them... (would probably take some weeks, though, I would have to relearn how to use some modding tools).

They're not much assets, though, they are:
    • Unity Rover (model+texture done, no animations yet)
    • Rover (model+texture done, no animations yet)
    • Cult city set (1x1 and 1x2 buildings mostly done, need 2 more 1x1 and 2x2 buildings, need ground texture)
    • Human-style dimension gate (model finished, texture needs work)
    • Generic reactor/science building (model finished, texture needs work)

Cheers, LT.

20. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

Cool. I'd certainly include them in a patch. Because the Civ5 DLL code still hasn't been released, and because I'm finding the PBEM very fun, I'm almost getting an itch to do some Planetfall modding again.