DOWNLOAD Warhammer Version 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Others may have better ideas as to your crash source, but I'm pretty sure that installing the patch will a) not fix your crash issue and b) break your save game.

But install the patch, and then start a new game! Lots to try out. The most "playable" factions at the moment are the empire, brettonnia, tilea, estalia, high elves, wood elves, dark elves, kurgan, hung, and norsca. Orcs and goblins are semi-playable. The others just don't have a lot of stuff implemented yet.

Hello everyone, my thread has nothing to do with your marsh problems ^^
It's about a bug that happens quite often to me : while playing on the standard map of the patch a on windows vista , when my turn is over I click on enter and then I could wait a month before I have my turn back. What's strange is that with the "world" icon that you have when the other players a doing their stuff I can clik on the main menu,going to the civilopedia...Actually I can do nearly everything except select my units. When this bug happens I try to load a previous game but this bugs ALWAYS happens at the same time (in my current game turn : 132) If anybody knows what it is and how to fix it I'll be glad Good day to you

first of all welcome to CFC and the warhammer forum! :wavey:

regarding your bug, when the game freezes dows anything in particular happen? do you research a specific technology, build a unit, or a building, attack something with a particular unit?
also when it freezes does the 'waiting for other civiliazations' message keep flashing, does it stop flashing, can you scroll across the map, enter cities, the tech tree or other menues (civics, religion etc)
can you enter world builder?
have you tried pressing [Alt]+[tab] to minimise the game window and then reopen that game?

This mod looks excellent but I had a repeating crash about 75 turns in - here is my savegame:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mb9j1h

Version 1.5, not using Patch A.

If I installed it now would it break the savegame compatibility?

*hmm* because its not the latest patch i cant really help you much, but if you did install it now it more then likely would break your save games. i would suggest if it keeps CTDing install the patch, and see if anything changes. if it dosnt then we are more likely able to see what the issue is.

A distant civilisation just built the great bastion...And as I told you I can go to the civilopedia and I can scroll across the map I think I can go into cities too but don't really remember

The message is still flashing

And it makes me think about an other bug that happened each time that I had the event " heretics bla bla bla , what shall we do ? burn them,let them and don't remember the other" . I wanted to burn these pigs but it freezed each time ^^ Otherwise it's a quiete good mod :)

Norsca can still research roads. They aren't meant to be able to do that right?

nope theyr not :p thanks for pointing that one out :)

A distant civilisation just built the great bastion...And as I told you I can go to the civilopedia and I can scroll across the map I think I can go into cities too but don't really remember

The message is still flashing

interesting , so it is definatley a WoC error (waiting on civilizations) but im not sure how to go about debugging for that. ill ask around thanks :)

I downloaded the recent version that you released and I got to say that been busy improving this game, I like the brand new music you added into this game, it sound pagan-ish to me but I liked it, so no complaints there. I played abit of it and stop when I got to abit further into the Age of Magic because my empire is too big, and I been suffering through lag, probably due to my computer single core processor can't stop lagging when you get almost half a continent.

if computer processor is an issue i would reccomend playing on smaller maps, or with smaller continents (higher sea level) or less AI players.

also, the next patch is pretty much done i just need to pull my act together and upload it. sorry ive been busy with work and then ive been lazy in my free time :p

I have a couple of problems.

One is a non fatal one and involves an error mesage on loading the mod about marshes.

The other happens around turn 100 ish, and the game basicly waits forever after I press end turn. I think it might happen when I finish researching but Im not sure. It did last time anyway. The game doesnt freeze it just says waiting for other civilisations, and then just waits and waits.

also, the next patch is pretty much done i just need to pull my act together and upload it. sorry ive been busy with work and then ive been lazy in my free time :p

Will old save games (from v 1.5) be compartable with the new patch when it does come out?

No. Patches almost always change the core game files and add significant new content, so patches will nearly always break save-games.

Will old save games (from v 1.5) be compartable with the new patch when it does come out?

no always assume patches will break saved games :p

The other happens around turn 100 ish, and the game basicly waits forever after I press end turn. I think it might happen when I finish researching but Im not sure. It did last time anyway. The game doesnt freeze it just says waiting for other civilisations, and then just waits and waits.

this seems to be a recurring issue that im clueless on fixing... ill have to ask someone more experienced for help in this matter i think :(

Well, I just installed this game (because it looks great), and the first thing I did was load up one of the scenarios that came with the game. At about turn 3 or 4, the game shuts down and a message stating that beyond the sword has stopped working appears. I'm running Windows Vista with the first patch installed. Any idea about what's wrong?

when i try to start a game I just get an program is not responding. what can i do i have. i am using windows vista

Hi,

Here is the message I get once I restart the game after having chosen the WH scenario, during the loading of the game (see attachement)

Then I click ok, I choose my race, difficulty etc. During the loading another error happears (but behind the game screen, so I can't see it, the only way to go back to windows is to click everywhere as soon as the the mouse turns from the loading globe into the normal arrow). Then I return on windows, the game closed.

I have XP SP2

I installed the mod and the patch a

Can you please help me? I would really like to play this game

Thank you

Attachments

• civ.JPG
    civ.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 183
The MarshSinkhole error is a known bug from a particular event, but it should only cause non-fatal errors (at least, it does for me) that you can click through. No idea what would be making this fatal, but it should hopefully go away when we fix the event.

Also, keep in mind that the mod works just fine on random maps.

@ Luffeh and dinin70: try to avoid using the scenarios, theyre currently broken on some machines for some reason (ie theyre fine on my machine and some other peoples machines but on a lot of other people report similar errors to you) random maps will be your best bet.

@ Ques: first off welcom to CFC and warhammer! :wavey: (you too dinin70) :p when exactly does the program is not responding error occur?

Trolls shouldn't have fear (again, they're just a big high strength unit, don't give everything fear!) and they should require the breeding grounds resource.

Airstrikes from fighter units (such as chaos furies) need to have a damage cap; they shouldn't be able to eliminate entire units outright. Chaos furies are also a bit short on requirements; they should probably require corruption of chaos tech and state religion.
These units should probably also only have 1 move, so they can't relocate and attack in the same turn. Forces them to be use slightly more strategically. As it is, a stack of 5 of these is just nasty for picking off lone units.

Tile yields for the Asrai ore field are too low; the AI isn't building these even on strategic resources like copper, which really hurts them. Increase ore field yields to be identical to mines.

Hi guys, it's been a long long while since I last posted on here, back when the game was in Warlords version! Ive been playing in the shadows though and checking on progress every now and again as Ive had so much work on and last year I had no internet at home for the entire 12 months!! Anyway, I thought Id just say congrats on the mod, it's come so far since I first played the vanilla version and I'm loving playing on it now I have time and the net back.

Secondly, I thought Id give some feedback etc (sorry if some of this has already been mentioned over the progress of the mod).
Im playing with XP and the patch - which seems to be working just fine (touch wood). The first thing I wanted to ask is how competent is the AI at using magic? Ive been playing my current game for 700 turns and although Ive encountered enemy Warlocks, they have'nt used any magic against me...now this may be due to the Warlocks I encountered not having magic it could use against me (as I didn't check) but I think thats unlikely in any event, so I just wanted to know if the AI's totally up to speed.

Also, with bombardment from archers, I feel that 10% max is too weak, 15-20% seems much more realistic, especially when you're defending your city and bombarding a large stack - in addition to that, collateral damage from the arrows seems like a good thing as well as when archers are bombarding people with arrows, against especially when defending a city, it seems likely you'll hit more than just the first unit - so a collateral damage of say the first 2 or 3 units sounds fair, but with maybe a low damage value (I'll be honest and say Im not sure if they have that promotion available or not, so if they do then sorry).

A long time ago, when I was last writing on the WH forums, I mentioned the idea of some units being able to Ambush and was just wondering what people thought of that idea now, it would be limited to just a few units for each civ, such as shadow-warriors etc and would basically be like fortification but make the unit invisible to other civs and unable to move while enabled. Then if an enemy unit walked into it, either the would be an immediate fight, with the ambusher getting an extra 30% strength or the ambushed unit getting -30%, otherwise the player in command of the ambusher would be able to choose whether to ambush that particular unit or move away - obviously causing it to become visible to the enemy again. I seem to remember that last time it got support but there were no programmers to code it. Dont know what you guys think about it now.

Finally, Ive been playing as either highelves or woodelves and this is becomming really annoying - elves get totally done over when it comes to sea battles. As they cannot research cannons, they cannot get frigates or ship-of-the-line, which is a huge disadvantage as Ive had lustria and amazonia (who both have them) come in and destroy my water tile improvements and constantly unload units onto my land and the only way Ive been able to have any protection is by using magic to destroy some of the ships. Its also meant that, since elves have such a disadvantage at sea, if I try and send any of my units to the islands controlled by lustria or amazonia then they get screwed bacuase I have nothing to fend off these stronger ships with.
I know elves are very skilled at sailing, having dominated the seas before any of the races of men became advanced, so it seems unlikely that they would be this hapless. I feel all elf races should have a sea vessal thats just as strong as what human factions get, otherwise the gameplay on water seems very unbalanced - dont know what any of you guys think about this either.

Anyway, as I said, great mod guys, keep up the good work! Very appreciative

The first thing I wanted to ask is how competent is the AI at using magic?

Not good (and it never will be), but not terrible. The AI will cast spells when it has the units to do so and valid targets. The problem is mostly that the AI isn't good at getting any of the mages beyond level 1. Warlocks are tier1 casters and don't have any offensive magic; they won't do anything until they get a chaos mark, which requires expensive late-midgame techs.
Other wizards will be slightly more accessible once we lower the costs of literacy and education, and endload those costs onto Arcane Lore.
Also, with bombardment from archers, I feel that 10% max is too weak

I disagree, I think the 10% for archers is pretty good. If you want more than that, you need to use the highly limited siege units or magic. Remember as well that a 10% reduction in base strength from damage also reduces the value of all the other promotions as well; a strength 10 unit with combat 5 is normally strength 15; with 10% damage it is only strength 13.5.
Archers are already pretty good city defenders, if we start increasing their bombard then they become too effective offensively as well.
Also, the core stats of the various units are going to change significantly in the next patch, where units will become more specialized against other unit classes.
A long time ago, when I was last writing on the WH forums, I mentioned the idea of some units being able to Ambush

There are some proposals for ambush type effects around, but nothing has been implemented yet. Your proposal doesn't seem like anything that the AI would ever understand.

My proposal (easy to implement, the AI will kindof understand) is this:
"Ambusher" promotion; unit gains the "Stage ambush" spell and the "Reveal" spell.
"Ambushing" promotion turns the unit invisible, grants hidden nationality, gives +1first strike, and is removed after combat.

"Stage ambush" spell: takes 2 turns to cast (like FFH bloom). Unit gains the "Ambushing" promotion.
"Reveal" spell: removes the "Ambushing" promotion. (AI will never cast this spell).

As you suggest, the ambusher promotion would be limited to a handful of recon-line units.
Finally, Ive been playing as either highelves or woodelves and this is becomming really annoying - elves get totally done over when it comes to sea battles

Naval battles aren't really implemented much; the mod generally doesn't work well on water maps much.
Frigates shouldn't require the cannons tech; this is a bug that needs to be fixed. High elves should get a ship of the line UU that doesn't require the cannons tech.
Elven naval mastery is mostly represented through the Seafaring leader trait.
Wood elves aren't really that great in naval combat....

Thanks for the feedback, always much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom