Downloadable Content question

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by gardi, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gardi

gardi Chieftain

Hey all! =D

Been using the site for years - though this is my first post and registration..

The question is: If I buy downloadable content (i.e. a civ, like denmark) - is it possible for me to play with the new civ on multiplayer with a friend who hasn't bought/downloaded the same content? =]

We both have the Gods & Kings as base-game.

Thanks for read and posts!

2. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

I do not play multiplayer, but from what I have understand that is unfortunately not possible.

3. duckmanbro

duckmanbro Warlord

Never play MP, but pretty sure they will need the same DLC as you. I am sure you can still play as Denmark, your friend will have only the Vanilla civs to choose from.

4. Aaron90495

Aaron90495 King

You can only use civs your friend also has. So if he doesn't have Denmark, you can't play as them.

5. bcaiko

bcaiko Emperor

Welcome to the forums, gardi!

I do play multiplayer with friends and what Aaron says above is true. You can't use DLC that your friend doesn't have.

If you like Denmark enough, though, convince your friend to get it. Or send it to him as a Steam gift when it goes on sale. Not the ideal solution, I know, but it has worked for me.

6. gardi

gardi Chieftain

Great, now I'm a lot wiser than before ^^ Thanks for all the replies! (and the welcome)