1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Downloaded Map

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by cepiolot, Apr 5, 2010.

1. cepiolot

cepiolot Chieftain

I downloaded a new map for Colonization but I don't know how to use it. How do I?

2. w2w2w

w2w2w Warlord

you probably downloaded it to the wrong thing show me where you got the link.

3. echosfolly

echosfolly Chieftain

I've been wanting to change up the maps to, but have no idea where or how to install
    them.

4. TC01

TC01 Deity

When you download a map, and extract or open the zip archive (or whatever archive format is being used), you will have one of two file types:

*.py: .py files are mapscripts (actually, they're Python scripts, but in this case, they are mapscripts only).

*.ColonizationWBSave: These files are worldbuilder save files (scenarios/pre-made maps).

For both types of maps, installation is the same:

First, find your Colonization directory under Program Files. For me, the directory is:

"C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization"

It will probably vary. However, the directory should contain, among other things, a "Colonization.exe" file, an "Assets" folder, and a "PublicMaps" folder (as well as various other files and folders).

The "PublicMaps" folder is the relevant folder here. Copy the map file into the PublicMaps folder.

5. echosfolly

echosfolly Chieftain

Thanks TCO1 for the quick and thourough reply

6. cepiolot

cepiolot Chieftain

it's in the public maps folder but it doesnt show in the map selection. how do i use it?

7. TC01

TC01 Deity

What map have you downloaded?

If it's a scenario/pre-made map, you will need to click the "Play Scenario", or "Custom Scenario", option. If it's a mapscript, you will need to click the "Play Now" or "Custom Game" option.