Dr kossin Bullpen

Inland_Sea is a fun mapscript, not played it in a while. Be interesting to see how it goes on deity, if I remember correctly it still gives sensible amounts of land to each player.

I'd like to see some kind of low water level map where biggest islands are too small to be enough.
I have enough trouble with smaller landmasses on lower difficulties and wonder you'd deal with it on diety.
Problems I forsee are how to back islands with reinforcements, how to deal with AI amounts of boats, where to expand and such.

I'd like to see some kind of low water level map where biggest islands are too small to be enough.
I have enough trouble with smaller landmasses on lower difficulties and wonder you'd deal with it on diety.
Problems I forsee are how to back islands with reinforcements, how to deal with AI amounts of boats, where to expand and such.

obsolete played a few Archipelago maps a while ago. Basically, the AI sucks at production even more than the human. They still profit widely from their huge bonuses but all that's really needed is to land stacks on their island and wither their production slowly while hiding your boats.

Island based maps are really tedious and I don't enjoy them... so much micro move around, I prefer my rally points :)

~~~

Dr kossin #34 is now up!

It's Inland_Sea with Flat world wrap... hopefully we're in a corner which will give us good blocking opportunities.

Dr kossin #34 has come to and end.

Next up is Elizabeth (Fin/Phi), one the most favored leaders on the boards. Understandably, her traits favor the two most common ways of researching at the beginning of the game: GPP and commerce.

I think I'll hit Fractal for this one and give Inland_Sea a rest as the Napoleon University is Inland_sea. It was fun this time when I compare to the Julius Ceasar game where the Immortal AIs just couldn't keep up.

I've decided, as suggested, to forget re-running Liz right now. So Dr kossin #35 is over, let's make some room for:

Wang Kon (Fin/Pro) and see what the RNG deals us this time.

In anticipation of your Khmer game, I have created another map for you to use. Once again, a random map script map with no isolation, and no nearby blocking warmongers. After the unfortunate dagger DOWs that you encountered on the previous maps that I submitted, I regenerated this one a few times until I found a map that I thought to be challenging without being impossible, but also on which the odds of an early dagger DOW (as opposed to a carefully calculated total war) to be low. At the risk of spoiling, I will not say anymore.

Good luck with Wang Kon, and I hope you don't get daggered again when the time comes :)! Once again, here is a screenshot of your start.

Not for Kossin
Spoiler :
Early dagger DOWs seem to somewhat unpredictable, but they do tend to happen most often when the human player's borders come into early close contact with the AI, right? On this pangaea map, he has some bays separating him from his closest neighbors, and this should at least reduce the odds of a dagger a little, no? His land is brown and largely riverless, though, and he doesn't seem to have early access to iron (but he does have horses in his BFC, and easy access to both stone and marble). His neighbors, while not outrageous warmongers, aren't exactly what I'd describe as a happy loving family, however.

Edit: As per my next post, I'm adding another save to choose from. I see the series has slowed down :(, but haven't given up hope you'll keep going :). This one is a bit greener.

Spoiler :
Once again a pangaea, and I preselected some of the leaders from the other save for this second one. He has a good bit of land to expand into, and easy access to most important resources, but his neighbors are REXers and runaway candidates, and he has no rivers for extra commerce. Don't tell Kossin, but I switched his start location with WvO's to keep him away from Shaka for a while. I know he doesn't want me fiddling with maps, but I feel this was a relatively minor change.

The start looks like a production powerhouse or a GP farm. There's wet corn hiding in the fog too!

Oops... I seem to have accidently deleted the first save... ack!

Another Edit: Yay! You've started up again! Have another save! Deleted the screenshot from the game I accidently deleted.

Spoiler :
By far the easiest of the bunch... He's just got a lot of land to expand into, but still, this is Deity, and he's got some expansionistic AI out there...

A strange little start really -- he's in the 'islandy' part of yet another pangaea, and will be able to settle a lot of coastal cities... Kossin seems to like the GLh, so...

I hope you pick the 1st one...

Attachments

• Kossin BC-4000 Deity2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    132.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Kossin BC-4000 Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    52.9 KB · Views: 64
That's a lot of brown tiles =\

This is true. I'll probably add another save some time soon, but we can't let you get away too easily! ;)

BTW, good luck... that Wang Kon game looks truly brutal (at least your start location location is nice though!)

Dr kossin #36 is finally over.

Next up, Suryavarman II (Exp/Cre), a very strong leader for the early game.

I see I have 2 maps proposed, I'll have a look at them and put up the thread sometime later.

Ah... the anticipation! (Hope you didn't get daggered again... though if you're taking a break, that's okay too)

Don't worry, I'll get to it. My schedule is kinda busy until Monday and the little free time I have is used for succession games.

You can always re-read previous installments in the meantime :p

You can always re-read previous installments in the meantime

Hmm... You know, I bet I could win some of your old immortal installments... I'll have to give this a try... :mischief:

Hatshepsut is pretty much my favorite leader at this point too... ;)

Post #2 edited.

I have to temporarily suspend Dr kossin #37 while I generate a new map and find someone to verify isolation. The thread will be updated when I am ready to sail again.

Kossin, why don't you try island_sea in Daily Round again?...With Suleiman for example, and non-diplo/cultural win.

I've played the Darius DR in Inland_Sea... then there was the Napoleon University in Inland_Sea and now I have a SG running in Inland_Sea. It really plays differently from Fractal... there's so much commerce to be had you rarely have troubles teching.

Anyway, we'll see :)

Actually, as far as I remember only one game by Napoleon was won.:) The rest of games wasn't finished. SG with Cottagging and Mans Musa is emperor game.
The main problem is the following - you have to research archery and build 4-5 archers for defend, at the same time AI grabbing a lot of land (uncluding your land and your resources). Yes you haven't troubles with teching, but neither AI (which is needed for trading). Another issue is that you almost always have two different neighboors and long borders.
Darius with his traits is quite strong for this map. Anyway as for me it would be interesting to see more games and espesially playing in first 100-150t (with middle leaders like Suleiman or Boudica).

Top Bottom