1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Laura's Son One Of Army's Many Overripe Tangerines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pontiuth Pilate, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Pontiuth Pilate

Pontiuth Pilate Republican Jesus!

I hate stale metaphors.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_5934072

LOL. And the Abu Ghraib pics were faked too, yes?

2. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

If I were Al Queda, I would go after a washed-out talk show host's son to discredit America's war efforts.

3. Pontiuth Pilate

Pontiuth Pilate Republican Jesus!

It looks like Al Qaeda doesn't even need to lift a finger. We are doing an excellent job of trashing our own values.

4. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nono, you aren't getting it at all. EVERY "American" who is trashing "our own values" is just an Al Qaeda spy. Including YOU! Don't think for one second we don't know, ya terrist. I figured it out when I realized that if you rearrnage the letters of "Pontiuth Pilate" you get "Osama P. Terrorist"

Anywho, if I was that nutbag kid I'd claim that I was a left-wing Satirist trying to call attention to the injustices of the war by portraying the stereotypical nutjob.

Seriously though I'm not sure what relevance this has to anything, besides the army spokesperson saying it may be faked being pretty nuts.

5. Maimonides

Maimonides Emperor

That kid needs an education besides military training. What the heck is "heathonistic?" Sheesh. Try hedonistic.

The apple can fall far from the tree.

6. Samson

Samson Deity

I do not see what they can complain about. Soldiers venting their grevences is as old as soldiering, I guess the internet makes it all the more visable but no more wrong IMO.There was some general sometime who said something along the lines of "it is when the soldiers shut up / stop complaining that I get worried".

This is all assuming he is an enlisted man, not an officer who are required to keep a somewhat higher standard of behavour.

The other question is who pulled this. If myspace did it in responce to a request by the US you have to wonder about their motives. I cannot think that this has broken any laws.

I thought this. Perhaps he means similar to what Edward Heath would do?

7. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

He sounds a lot like I probably would. Greets to my sadistic bro.

8. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

LOL he got partyvan. awesome.

9. nivi

nivi Call me Ishmael

I think he sounds like most do, except he brings it out in the open, but maybe i'm just falling into that old trap, that if I understand him I'm like him.

10. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

What's the problem? It's not like he came out of the closet or anything.

11. Sparta

Sparta Emperor

That's just it though - it didn't at all (IMHO). "Dr." Laura is a hateful little shrew, with a doctorate in literature or somesuch nonsense, who presents herself as a pseudo-psychologist to under-informed people who listen to her crappy show, where she doles out advice aplenty on how to be as condescending and belittling as possible toward one's own progeny. This just underscores what can result when rearing children under the supervision of such an ultra-authoritative and condescending figurehead as she advocates, IMHO. In that sense, it has a delicious ring of schadenfreude in a similar vein to if one of Fred Phelps' kids would come out of the closet (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Nice find on the article/news, Pontiuth Pilate - thanks for that, it made my day. In case it weren't already obvious, I harbor a slight bit of enmity toward that particular woman. ;)