Dr. Spock

Wardog

Warlord
Is there any way to shut him up in the game? It's boring to hear him everytime you discover a new tech. :mischief:

You could turn it off by turning on "Minimize Pop-Ups" (which I think was a bug), but this was fixed in the newest patch.

xGBox said:
You could turn it off by turning on "Minimize Pop-Ups" (which I think was a bug), but this was fixed in the newest patch.

No, this is by design, because no matter what you do to kill Mr. Spock, he's going to come back.

Yes. In the audio options turn off voice. I believe he's the only voice in the game - there's no actualy gameplay voices that you would need to hear, so feel free to shut it down. I did on day two. Was kinda cool at first hearing him say "I've got pig iron", but it got old real fast.

Remember genesis, he cant die.

Thalassicus said:
I wish there was a way to disable the tech-researched popup entirely... "minimize popus" doesn't do it, only minimizes the select-new-tech popup :undecide:

Not to be smart, but is this popup really that annoying?

The child psycologist is not associated with this game the last time I heard/looked.

I wonder if ini file setting might be what you are looking for. I haven't tried it as I enjoy the quotes. :)

Code:
; Set to 1 for no tech splash screens
NoTechSplash = 0

Edit: "Dr Spock" wrote books about raising children in the 1950s(?) Where as Lenard Nimoy played "Mr Spock" on Star Trek.

zeeter said:
Not to be smart, but is this popup really that annoying?
After setting a research path in early game, you end up having to close the window every ten seconds or so. If you could just hit the numpad enter key to advance past the tech announcement it'd be ok, currently that's bound to End Turn though even with a dialog box up :)

Helmling said:
Don't make me go all Vulcan Death Grip on you!
Well fellow Civ gamers would just do the Vulcan Nerve Pinch to get rid of your voice in Civ 4 ;)

Top Bottom