Dragon Age 2, Civ 5 and the market tendency

This was an interesting thread to read through. I think that, as with most things, it's really a combination of all these factors. I think that a lot of games nowadays really are dumbed down and play more like interactive movies. Many games just aren't that hard anymore, although I guess you can crank up the difficulty in most of them. This is one reason God of War III was so much fun (on Titan)--I would actually spend like an hour dying 100 times trying to beat a boss, and it'd be an awesome feeling when finally figured it out.

Another factor might be age, but I can definitely still get as excited about a game as I did when I was younger if it's really great. But it really has to be great. I'm just not willing to put up with mediocrity anymore in games.

"Nowadays I suffer from gaming overload where I get so much stuff that it gets all muddled and I can't get excited about much anymore." --> This is definitely true of me as well. I have so many damn games I need to play, but instead of being happy about this it's almost like I can't get as excited about any of them.

"Nowadays I suffer from gaming overload where I get so much stuff that it gets all muddled and I can't get excited about much anymore." --> This is definitely true of me as well. I have so many damn games I need to play, but instead of being happy about this it's almost like I can't get as excited about any of them.

I was reading this and going "sounds like something I'd say... wait I DID say that". LoL. We should form a group for people like us.

Top Bottom