Draught, Bottle, or Can. What's you're choice?

Which would you choose?

• Draught

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Bottle

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Can

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • None. I either don't drink or have a fine regard for all the mediums of alcohol.

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

Baleog

THE FIERCE
Draught, bottle or can? Which preference? I think it's pretty obvious myself (draught followed by bottle) but there may be some weirdos out there. :yeah:

I rarely go to bars, so bottle is my choice. I'll only do cans if someone else is buying and there's nothing better around.

Beer from a can is like a kiss from your sister.

The taps are often screwy were I go, and the beer's sometimes flat. Still, I brave it.

I'm a manual labourer with big hands, yet those twist-off caps really hurt my palms - I use a teatowel or my shirt on a rough day.

Cans I like because I dislike the sight of empty bottles piling up, and I hate returning empties. A can folds up into nothing, and goes in a bag with fifty other old cans. I rather bottles though.

Depends on the situation. If I actually get a seat at the bar, it's draught all the way. If I have to stand at the bar, a bottle is much easier to handle and I will get that. But, under no circumstances will I drink beer out of a can unless the only choice is beer in a can, or no beer, and anyone who willfully drinks beer from a can is a philistine.

I agree with the genral sentiments posted so far, but do want to make one other exception for cans (other than free, or no other option): I find that the cans with a widget in them do contain good beer. Many of the British Isles beers have them in my local store, and I have had no problem with the quality.

One caveat on bottles though. Green or clear bottles are to be avoided if the product comes from the other side of an ocean. Skunk beer is bad.

Originally posted by knowltok2
I agree with the genral sentiments posted so far, but do want to make one other exception for cans (other than free, or no other option): I find that the cans with a widget in them do contain good beer. Many of the British Isles beers have them in my local store, and I have had no problem with the quality.

One caveat on bottles though. Green or clear bottles are to be avoided if the product comes from the other side of an ocean. Skunk beer is bad.

You mean like the Guiness draught cans? Yes, I agree those are good, but you have to pour the beer into a glass directly after opening. If you drink those directly from the can you'll end up :crazyeye:

Draught, then bottle and I don't like cans at all... The beer just tastes different in a can...

Draught!

But most of the time I drink from bottles, because I don't have a bar at home (only a fake alcoholic I am).

BTW: with bottles I mean Grolsch Beugels! Though one of my housemates always buys Heineken. What a tasteless *********** he is!

Mmmmmmm, draft beer. I agree with Knowltok2 that the pub cans are the exception to the rule. Guinness in a can is much better than in the bottle(if you can't get draft). I've found that generally bartenders in the US don't know how to pour a proper Guinness. Ireland needs to send some humanitarian aid in the form of instructors(preferably red haired and buxom).

Draught if possible, bottle if necessary, can if there is no other option.

Originally posted by mes17
Mmmmmmm, draft beer. I agree with Knowltok2 that the pub cans are the exception to the rule. Guinness in a can is much better than in the bottle(if you can't get draft). I've found that generally bartenders in the US don't know how to pour a proper Guinness. Ireland needs to send some humanitarian aid in the form of instructors(preferably red haired and buxom).

That humanitarian aid I would welcome with open arms. :)

Originally posted by knowltok2

That humanitarian aid I would welcome with open arms. :)

Tough luck. The league of students vetos the proposed beer counsil resolution. :mwaha:

It depends on the beer. For example: Heineken is better in a bottle, Guiness better in a can. Draught is SOMETIMES better, but it depends on the bar and the age of the keg...its less predictable.

I voted draft, but it depends totally on the beer.

Darker beers (e.g. stouts like Guinness, or bitters): draft
Light beers designed for cool refreshing BBQs with sexy chicks standing around in short shorts (e.g. Corona, Dos Equis, Sleemans): bottle
Football beers (e.g. Bud): cans.

R.III

Originally posted by ComradeDavo
Bottle for me.

I always take ages to drink from can and it nevers seems as nice.

Well, for starters when I have a can I generally pour it into a glass (provided it's a pint glass). The can loses heat too quickly through it's walls.

Draught > Bottle > Can

That's my view when taste and texture are concerned. There are a few exceptions.

As many others have pointed out, different situations warrant a different container. Outdoors, I always pick bottles over cans.

Originally posted by Richard III
I voted draft, but it depends totally on the beer.

Darker beers (e.g. stouts like Guinness, or bitters): draft
Light beers designed for cool refreshing BBQs with sexy chicks standing around in short shorts (e.g. Corona, Dos Equis, Sleemans): bottle
Football beers (e.g. Bud): cans.

R.III

You know the way.:goodjob:

Roast a wild salmon in a pit of embers; flame hot-dog wieners over propane. Both are good.

Top Bottom