Dreadlords Mods

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Tank_Guy#3, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Just picked up Galactic Civilizations II: Dreadlords yesterday, and I was wondering if there are any good mods for it. I looked GalCiv2.com, but I don't really have any idea what to look for.

More precisely with additional ship parts so you can make even more ships.

2. Strato

Strato Warlord

You are right going to http://www.galciv2.com

If you go to the "galactic library" option, that has the downloads for GalCiv2. Take your pick from there pretty much. Let me know if you are stuck any further.

For advice on what mods to use, I'd suggest you sign up to the forums and ask around. Personally, I haven't got any added mods myself.

3. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Pretty much any mod that adds lots of race logos and leaderheads is a must. Other than that, I've only seen the Star Trek mod to be interesting. There are some small mods that affect the way ship battles look (weapon effects) and brand new ships, like Babylon 5 ships, etc.. Mainly if you find yourself liking the game, I recommend picking up the ToA expansion.

4. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Seems rather slow going. Though that could be that I'm in the extremely early stages of it (a few colony ships, flagship, and a freighter or two). I have managed to colonize about 9 or 10 planets thus far.

5. Sarcasticon

Sarcasticon Warlord

It all depends how you prefer to play the game...
    It's very well possible to finish the game in a tiny/small galaxy in 3-4 game months (so 12-16 turns). Several people even manage to do this with the largest galaxy sizes, though only 1 opponent.

It's not necessary to colonize too much, especially not low "planet quality" planets. The key is to stay ahead of the competition in research and military, then invade them / take their planets through influence / ally and kill all other race / ...

6. Otterbear

Otterbear Chieftain

Ive spent hours reading and searching at Galciv2.com but there is no way of filtering the different expansion packs out of the list so...Big Headache. Ive spent a lot of time reading up on a certian mod only to discover that its for one of the expansion packs...sheesh! However its one of the ONLY places that even have mods for DL so grab the Advil. Come to think of it - not to many forums have seperated the various expansion packs into seperate forums so...grab the Advil again.