[GS] Dreaming of one more...patch

Yeah it might be more useful to see how long it was after the last "expansion" than the original release.

Well, that depends on what you count ad the "year" for NFP, since unlike previously, it was not a single date release. If you're going for the initial date, that's 2020 and so would indicate 2022. Alternatively, the latest release was 2021 which would indicate 2023.

Of course, NFP isn't the same as an XP, so that may have all kinds of effects. And that assumes that they're even following their old pattern, which isn't a given by any means.

The game wasn't this buggy until they did 1 update per month, which is simply not enough time to make sure everything is 100%, Sims 4 has done it and it's a nightmare because it introduces more bugs.
I was convinced during NFP releases that delivery frequency was the issue for this area and I posted several times advocating it. But the Old World team has totally changed my mind about this. They deliver weekly update with very exceptionnal bugs/regressions and are very reactive to fix any. I'm positively impressed. I don't know their method/tool to ensure QA, but it might a more consistent game well known by the devs, instead of a set of clashing features. They are going to decrease the deliveries to a 2 weeks cycle now.

It feels like Firaxis is very detached from any decisions concerning patches. I suspect they have some sort of agreement with 2K about how many patches they make. Maybe that’s why we never see any hotfixes.
It’s the only reason I can think of other than them hating their own product or being incompetent.

Moderator Action: You are free to criticize aspects of the game, including patches/bug fixes. However, please refrain from directly insulting/flaming Firaxis staff. ~ LK

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PiR
I was convinced during NFP releases that delivery frequency was the issue for this area and I posted several times advocating it. But the Old World team has totally changed my mind about this. They deliver weekly update with very exceptionnal bugs/regressions and are very reactive to fix any. I'm positively impressed. I don't know their method/tool to ensure QA, but it might a more consistent game well known by the devs, instead of a set of clashing features. They are going to decrease the deliveries to a 2 weeks cycle now.
They probably have a full team on it rather than Firaxis' side team while the main is working on other projects.

That said, monthly updates are unlikely to have been the issue. How many issues are there? How many gave been solved since April? I'm not convinced they particularly care - there have been serious issues with the Switch version and they haven't pressured Aspyr to do anything about it.

Have you reported it? I've never had a single crash, I never in fact had any crash that wasn't due to my own fault when modding.
Same here, only time I crashed was when I reimaged my PC and forgot to update my graphics drivers.

I do expect a final fix patch but honestly 80% of the players are blissfully unaware of the issues we care so much about on here!

Top Bottom