1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamland (sci-fi map)

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by TPEHEP, Sep 4, 2016.

1. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Warlord

Made a sci-fi map. Map stylized ancient map of the world and includes all pepper2000 Space Colonization modmod terrains.

The map includes the remains of a lost civilization - tunnels, ruins, and something else ;)

Map size: Gigantic

Needed pepper2000 Space Colonization modmod v7 (not v8!)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561834

Settings
    SettingsDW.jpg

Map
    MapDW.png

Download
    View attachment Dreamland.rar

Just have fun.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

I'm away from my Windows machine for a few days, but it looks awesome and I am looking forward to trying it out.

3. tmv

tmv Emperor

The map size could be a problem - Gigantic is not supported any more, and it can lead to problems in the later game. The late game is exactly what these terrains are about, since you cannot access them before TH. Can a game reach TH or perhaps Galactic on this size?

Another question: In your settings list I count 8 Combat Mod options, but in the regular settings list there are only 3 or 4 IIRC. What are these options?

4. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Warlord

On my machine no problems (tested on this - map). But I have a very powerful machine.

Some of them - this is the default setting, visible only from the editor.

5. tmv

tmv Emperor

Apparently there is a problem if you choose any speed other than Eternity - the number of :science: for each tech is not readjusted, so you won't be able to reach the late eras.

This "something else" could be very unbalancing - and immersion-breaking, since people shouldn't be able to use these "gadgets" at the beginning.

Spoiler :
    Even a lost civilization at medieval-level would be strange, but TH-improvements like "Vertical Farms" in the middle of nowhere is a bit comic-like. It could also affect the replay-value.

I certainly applaud what you have done, but please think about these points.

6. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Warlord

I play only on Eternity, I made the map "by itself" :)

I'll test it, yes.

That is the moon, covering the world's oceans and the adjacent planet you are not confused? :)

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Shells of development planned. The ones that don't show in the normal startup menu options are not yet ready for release (most not even begun.) Heart of War will be the next but I'm trying to first get the rest of the mod to a point where it is a solid platform upon which to build the rest of these out to completion.

8. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

As I feared, my computer can't handle such a big map. It sure looks cool, though.

9. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

10. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Warlord

Thanks, but it does not work with v8 of modmod :( It use some deleted terrains such as solar sistem space.