Drider Female Conversion 12-8-2006

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
Here is a drider female converted from IceWind Dale. (My first unit conversion!)

Driders have the head and torso of a drow (dark elf) and the legs and lower body of a giant spider. These strange creatures are created by the drow's dark goddess, Lloth. When a dark elf of above-average ability reaches a certain level, Lloth may put him or her through a special test. Failures become driders. Because they have failed their goddess's test, driders are outcasts from their own communities. Driders are usually found alone or with huge spiders, rather than with drow or other driders. They are violent, aggressive creatures that favor blood over all types of food. They stalk their victims tirelessly, waiting for the right chance to strike.

Download

First post ! Yay ! Looks great from here, DLing it right now to check it :goodjob:
EDIT : done ! The death seems a bit slow, otherwise it is as great as it seems in the preview, I'll check it in-game. And that attackB is a real good idea. Great conversion from a game I didn't know (seems very interesting). You'll have to put it in your Graphix Library !

Yuck, that is a great looking conversion!

Excellent conversion, it looks amazing!

I like it. :)

So .... are you gonna make more conversions. :)

I like it. :)

So .... are you gonna make more conversions. :)

I will be making more conversions (no one else seems to want to). My hit list can be found here. Anyone can feel free to finish one of those before I get to them too.

Good, I didn't knew it was possible to convert from Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate. If you take advantage of them, you'll provide us with some very useful units. Though I think that the civfanatics artists make much better animations than Bioware back then... Bioware, you should have hired Aaglo!

I was part of a project to convert the Bioware units to Diablo 2. Part of that process was converting the animations to gif before converting them to the D2 format. As a result, almost all the animations from those games are available as gifs on the Infinitum web site. If anyone needs them, I also have the spell animations from Baldur's Gate 2 in gif format. Just le me know which one is needed.

a good way to make a shadow for these guys is to make a shadow shape in flicster through c&p and then make a MU of the unit and the shadow.

Looks freaky. Nice job.:goodjob:

All spells are welcomed! :D
Yeah, that's a good point. With a little cut n' paste and recolouring, we could get numerous new wizard-like units. Which, of course, you could use in your mod (imagine several types of wizards, requiring a specific mana resource each).

I most definitely could use the spell FX for a myriad of Mage units I have planned for the FF mod!

Top Bottom