1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Driders - wouldn't it be cool?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by razzle, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Xuenay

Xuenay Prince

You're right, they were. Oops. Trying too hard to make a witty line. :)

2. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

i liked drizzt alot, (not trying to turn this into a fan/anti-fan thread). it just annoys me when people dislike something just because it is crazy popular. i think the story of the evil being redeemed is very popular in literature. my favorite character however....Malus Darkblade! nothing says baddass like he does.

3. phoulishwan

phoulishwan Warlord

I enjoyed Margaret Weiss story's about Liriel Baenre for books about a real Drow. Now perhaps she's not as evil as many of her kin in the ways of treachery and deceit, she yet stays true to their race, and pursues her own ambitions above the need of weighing her actions against a self imposed morale code.

Drizzt wasn't truely Drow, he was merely of the same race, they were still excellent books, and I think the fact that Salvatore is a skilled sword fighter in his own right is what made for such a compelling read. His descriptions of battles were always so much more vivid than most other writers.

4. zup

zup Emperor

Drizzt is such a completely unbelievable character he puts me off. With his upbringing, he'd have become just like any other drow.

5. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Nature or Nurture? ;)

6. JeffSteel

JeffSteel Warlord

As a biology major, I can safely say it is a combination of both. You see nature, in the form of genetics, gives everything a base line potential as far as what they can do and are prone to do. Pigs will not achieve sustained powered flight via any muscular tissue they posses any time soon. However, genes by themselves do nothing more than sustain the life of an organism. The experiences an organism........ experiences, mold that organism's perceptions of the world, or in extreme cases alter that organisms physical makeup (through injury or whatnot). So yes, in brief, it is both.

7. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

yeah, you're probably right. no person in all of history has ever gone against what their culture dictates. oh wait... wasn't Einstein German?

8. Xuenay

Xuenay Prince

That case was just a eensy weensy bit different...

9. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yeah.... Einstein may have been German, but he was also Jewish. Pretty sure Hitler's treatment of Jews overruled any patriotism he had.

10. Marnok

Marnok Marnok

I call Godwin's Law.

11. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

i was being sarcastic. of course people can and do break from their cultural ties all the time. einstein was just the first person to come to mind.