Drowning at sea

Noyyau

Privateer Captain
In older revisions (months and months ago) when a transport was destroyed, the land units it carried had a chance, if on a coastal tile, to survive and find themselves on land, damaged.
Now, however, I only get the "your [ship's name] has drowned at sea" message and no unit ever survives.

Does anybody know where in the xml can I modify the survival chance for the transported units?
Or has this function been removed? (I really liked this "shipwreck simulator")

In older revisions (months and months ago) when a transport was destroyed, the land units it carried had a chance, if on a coastal tile, to survive and find themselves on land, damaged.
Now, however, I only get the "your [ship's name] has drowned at sea" message and no unit ever survives.

Does anybody know where in the xml can I modify the survival chance for the transported units?
Or has this function been removed? (I really liked this "shipwreck simulator")

It's in the dll, but I haven't changed that function. IIRC units can randomly die or survive; the only difference being that in previous revisions you weren't getting any message when units were sinking with the ship.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13035092 said:
It's in the dll, but I haven't changed that function. IIRC units can randomly die or survive; the only difference being that in previous revisions you weren't getting any message when units were sinking with the ship.

I have yet to see a single unit survive when a transport is sunk in current revisions. Not a single unit. No spies, no settlers, no military. They all go down with the ship.

Back in 1.75 ish days, they seemed to always surivive (in my experience). I remember intercepting dozens of barbarian galleys and after sinking them their sword and axe and archer cargo would always pop up in my farmed shores and start pillaging :crazyeye:
Or try to anyway - the worst they generally did was disrupt tiles being worked for a single turn, but back in the old days - when I first started playing AND - transported units almost always survived it seemed. I even took a screenshot of a barbarian Heavy Sword having popped onto a nearby island after I sank the galley he was riding in because I thought it was a bug at the time not a feature :lol:

Looking at the code there should be 25% chance that embarked units survive, if I'm not mistaken. I'll make some test raising that chance to 100% to see if it works and then I could try to use a 50% chance.

Top Bottom