Drug Legalization [POLL Version]

Please select one answer:

• Drugs and alcohol should be banned.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I see that right now the most stupid option is winning. Legalising all drugs is the worst thing a govt can do. That also suggest that making such polls on forums is a rather bad idea.

I'm really somewhere in between option 1 and 2, but why is it stupid? Why should government tell people what to put in their bodies?

It is because most people here are Libertarians Aquila SPQR They want to decide what is good or wrong to them and their bodies, and they are against government control.

Why should government tell people what to put in their bodies?

Because most humans are idiots. If they have a chance to do something stupid, they'll do it. And when they are young, they are even more stupid. Combine it with inability to think ahead.

Later such people end as ruined shadow of a human. Many of them die, others commit crimes and some part of them is whining for help and treatment.

Besides - legalising all drugs mean that people will be allowed to sell and buy all kinds of drugs legally. That your kid, after reaching 18 (or whatever the limit is in your country) will be allowed to go to the shop and buy whatever he wants. It's a big sign "we accept drugs and see nothing wrong with them and their use".

It's not only about "putting into their bodies". It's about healthy society.

No, its a big sign saying "We support Liberty and aren't going to overregulate our people."

I'm not necessarily holding to that in every case, but your position (Ban everything, even alcohol), makes much, much less sense than allowing all drugs.

also the OP is wrong as alcohol and nicotine are most certainly drugs; alcohol in particular causes much misery to the drunken countries of Eastern Europe.

I actually, deep down, don't care if mary jane is legalized. But because of the ones who use it illegally and constantly whine about it, I'd kind of like to see it kept illegal just to spite them. The harder drugs definitely keep illegal.

As "smart drugs", Bill3000 I called substances which you can buy in so called "smart shops":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_shop
A smart shop (or smartshop) is a retail establishment that specializes in the sales of psychoactive substances, usually including psychedelics, as well as related literature and paraphernalia. The name derives from the name "smart drugs", a class of drugs and food supplements intended to affect cognitive enhancements which is often on sale in smart shops.

They call them smart, as those who produce them, invent substances which was allowed by law, but still works the same as other drugs. There was huge war in Poland about baning them all. And our Prime Minister won this war somewhat. Maybe now they will go underground but most people here are happy from such, well maybe not those who used such substances.

No, its a big sign saying "We support Liberty and aren't going to overregulate our people."

Signing a law about banning all drugs is no "overregulating". I know that overregulating is bad, but it's bad when it really happens. Do not describe passing one law about specific thing (in this case - drugs) as "overregulating".

Next thing - liberty is great. But it also have it's limits. Unlimited liberty = anarchy and that's not good.

If something is extremely poisonous and addictive and is also granting its "users" a dose of relax/nice feelings/euphoria it is a very dangerous mix. Because in that case a stupid person will gladly became an addict placing fun higher than common sense, his health and future.

The same thing is with alcohol. Actually alcohol gives us nothing than a taste. Taste of beer for example. I can easily live without it. Alcohol also makes us dangerous to ourselves and others if overdosed. I would really love to see the world without drunkards who incidentally kill others or destroy their families.

I would really love to see the world without drunkards who incidentally kill others or destroy their families.

I can 2nd that about alcohol, but for example I was never heard about someone who does the same after marijuana.

Marijuana is certainly no worse than tobacco or alcohol, and while I think the latter two are more harmful, they're definitely not going to be made illegal. So I say, add pot to the mix (har har) and let 'er rip. Man, puns a-plenty for the tokers in the house.

Harder stuff - "smart" or otherwise - should stay prohibited, IMO. Things like meth and coke are too addictive to be let loose, and things like LSD could break minds if left unsupervised.

Dommy: don't do drugs.

Dommy: don't do drugs.

Duh, I'm well aware. I think using drugs (Well, besides Alcohol, which in moderation is not bad once its legal, or medicine obviously) is moronic, but that does not necessarily mean it should be illegal.

The same thing is with alcohol. Actually alcohol gives us nothing than a taste. Taste of beer for example.

Alcohol itself doesn't have a taste, dude

Harder stuff - "smart" or otherwise - should stay prohibited, IMO. Things like meth and coke are too addictive to be let loose, and things like LSD could break minds if left unsupervised.

I was told that LSD in Canada is legal from medical prescription for recreational use. While they still ban marijuana. It amazed me.

Bill3000 said:
Alcohol itself doesn't have a taste, dude

Then try vodka once again. It is 50% alcohol 50% of water. Nothing more, and well it have taste! Maybe not so good like other liquors, but it still have taste, hard to describe how, but it tastes.

Duh, I'm well aware. I think using drugs (Well, besides Alcohol, which in moderation is not bad once its legal, or medicine obviously) is moronic, but that does not necessarily mean it should be illegal.

Don't "duh" me, skippy. You probably think a lot of things are moronic right now that will seem a little more awesome later on. :)

I was told that LSD in Canada is legal from medical prescription for recreational use. While they still ban marijuana. It amazed me.

That's Canada for you. It's like everything's all hip and cool and then you have something like Quebec. WTF, Canada?

Terrible poll options. Most drugs should be legal & regulated.

Well, I not wanted to give so much answer types, to not make pool hard to read/decide. If you say "most" you should name few still.

I actually, deep down, don't care if mary jane is legalized. But because of the ones who use it illegally and constantly whine about it, I'd kind of like to see it kept illegal just to spite them. The harder drugs definitely keep illegal.

So you like watching wheelchair bound medical patients get harrassed and arrested?:confused:

Moderator Action: Have already had 1 reported post and don't want more. Nor do I want to be nanny and pass out infractions on technicalities. We're all adults and those who aren't should act as such if they want to post in this forum.

That said, please to not be advocating illegal drug use and just use discretion when posting in these types of threads.

This'll be unlocked in ~4-6 hours to allow this admonition to sink in.

Top Bottom