Drug Legalization [POLL Version]

Please select one answer:

• Drugs and alcohol should be banned.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Terrible poll options. Most drugs should be legal & regulated.

I agree.

I dislike drugs strongly and don't use them myself - drink very little.

If we could prevent people from taking drugs that would be best. In an ideal world, I'd vote for that. Problem is, we can't. We should regulate and tax it heavily. Our current war on drugs does little except destabilize (sp.?) Mexico and other countries. Criminals get rich. Our own history of prohibition indicates the problems of making the drugs illegal. My exaggeration would be "We've lost the war on drugs and let's make the best of a bad situation."

The prevailing expert opinion seems to be that legalisation would solve a lot of problems.

Rather than relying on logic to tell us this, does anyone have any links that show this?

If you believe alcohol and tobacco should be legal, I hope you think LSD and marijuana should also be legal due to less harm and less addiction.

---

Legalise marijuana, medical and recreational. Pardon all people in prison for it(gradually, to prevent economic shock). Anything criminal related to it should stay on the books, of course. Unless there's a good reasoning, all drugs less addicting and harmful than alcohol/tobacco should also be legalised.

Decriminalise all other substances. Gain some funds from fines, lower prison expenses, increase freedom.

Taxes/fines can pay for rehab.

What is a smart drug? :hmm:

I didn't see it in the poll option but I think more than just marijuana should be legalized but not all drugs. Some drugs have an incredible potential for abuse and addiction and are less effective than similar drugs that can also treat the same problem. I don't see a reason to legalize heroin for example.

I'm the only on that voted that all should be banned?

There's a reason why. Most people realise that prohibition doesn't work. It's understandable to think that banning something will lead to less harm done by that something, but that is not the case when it comes to a lot of drugs.

I support the legalization of all drugs. If you think drugs ruin people's lives then how does ruining their life by throwing them in jail help anything?

Instead use tax revenue from legitimate purchases to help addicts and improve the community.

@Xanikk999: I described it on previous page.

While I still think certain drugs with heavy abuse potential and little if any benifit (such as heroin) should be illegal, I dont think we should lock up people who use these drugs.

Drug rehabilitation is the best option for the abuser assuming he wants to go through with the treatment. I don't think allowing rampant drug abuse is a good thing for anyone.

I support the legalization of all drugs. If you think drugs ruin people's lives then how does ruining their life by throwing them in jail help anything?

Instead use tax revenue from legitimate purchases to help addicts and improve the community.
Well put.

well i think all drugs should be legal cuz i believe 'Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves' (ronald reagan)

I support the tax and regulation of *some drugs.

The others should be decriminalized, though still illegal (Portugal stance)

*Which some? Not important, first thing we need to do is stop putting people into jail for possession of drugs.

I voted option one.

But i'm not satisfied with that. All drugs should be legal, but alcohol should be banned for some time (say 10 years), just for spite. :)

Which still leaves the business with those millions of disgusting fat people who ruin society with their appaling addiction. We should consider some outright painful taxation there, too.
A big mac for 8$. In your (lard-)face.

If you believe alcohol and tobacco should be legal, I hope you think LSD and marijuana should also be legal due to less harm and less addiction.

Well, certain drugs cause people to hallucinate or makes them so out they tend to be abusive. I'm not keen on the idea of telling people they CAN'T use them, but I'm also not sure if society could handle them being legal (Make of that what you will.)

That said, with some drugs, such as cocaine, one dose and you're oftentimes an instant addict. Something like Alcohol will never hurt you in moderation on the other hand. So, while its TECHNICALLY a drug, its meaningless to compare it to drugs that are currently banned. CAFFEINE is a drug, should we make banning that a poll option as well?:lol:

Legalise marijuana, medical and recreational. Pardon all people in prison for it(gradually, to prevent economic shock). Anything criminal related to it should stay on the books, of course. Unless there's a good reasoning, all drugs less addicting and harmful than alcohol/tobacco should also be legalised.

Decriminalise all other substances. Gain some funds from fines, lower prison expenses, increase freedom.

Taxes/fines can pay for rehab.

I basically agree with all of this.

While I still think certain drugs with heavy abuse potential and little if any benifit (such as heroin) should be illegal, I dont think we should lock up people who use these drugs.

This is basically how I feel about it, though I'm unsure if we should be allowed to punish people for using the drug if they aren't committing another crime.

well i think all drugs should be legal cuz i believe 'Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves' (ronald reagan)

:goodjob:

(Though Reagan, as many things as I liked him for, was SERIOUSLY pursuing the War on Drugs.)
I voted option one.
But i'm not satisfied with that. All drugs should be legal, but alcohol should be banned for some time (say 10 years), just for spite. :)

You are joking right?

Which still leaves the business with those millions of disgusting fat people who ruin society with their appaling addiction. We should consider some outright painful taxation there, too.
A big mac for 8$. In your (lard-)face.

You'd BETTER be joking.

Don't "duh" me, skippy. I'm all for you using drugs once you're 18-22ish, but right now, just don't. But once you get to that point? Try a toke or three. They might help. :)

(Before anyone gets mad? I'm mostly kidding.)

Even if this were legal, I would never do it...

Seriously, I'm well aware of the dangers of drugs, I don't need to be taught here...

I think marijuana should be legal, but I wouldn't go so far as to say all drugs should be legal

Figure out how to make police unions happy and keep the federal government funding each state with millions of dollars without the "war on drugs." Once that puzzle is solved we will see federal decriminalization.

Look at state budgets and how many police jobs federal drug enforcement money funds, and you will see why we are still fighting a drug war.

Figure out how to make police unions happy and keep the federal government funding each state with millions of dollars without the "war on drugs." Once that puzzle is solved we will see federal decriminalization.

how about we fund them to lower the crime rate in the US? :p

Top Bottom