1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DS GOTW One City Challenge

Discussion in 'CivRev - Game of the Week' started by XxtraLarGe, Jul 22, 2008.

1. XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe Warlord

Here's something new to try:

Post your highest score in the GOTW with only one city. Here are the rules:

Play as any civilization on emperor or diety level. You may only build 1 city. Other cities can be taken either by conquest or cultural influence. Any settlers you acquire must be added to your original city.

Post your scores according to the normal GOTW threads. Also, if you want to, include any cities you conquered or flipped. Good luck! :king:

2. Chinese American

Chinese American Hamtastic Knight

Once you have other cities, it's no longer One City. For a true one city, I'd say only tech and economic victories would be allowed.

3. XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe Warlord

But there's nothing you can do about a culture flip that you didn't instigate.

4. Endure

Endure Prince

Yeh but you certainly don't have to use your GP's to cause culture flips.

And there's no need for military conquest if your doing a OOC.

I've done a few of them (though I didn't write down my score or anything) on the DS and I never had an issue with just keeping my capital as my own city, although I did have a few GP go to waste (who wanted to flip nearby enemy cities).

You might still cause an enemy city to flip anyways, which sucks, but it's certainly not a given that it'll occur.

5. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

The culture flip is a far/legit obstacle to the OCC. Cities will flip w/out the use of a GP. And, it cannot be refused.