1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dual leader first look Gorgo [Greece]

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 12, 2016.

1. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Just to clarify Gorgo is to make up for Greece being short one unique trait correct?

And she can swap with Pericles in game. If that's the case I can't see multi leader support for other Civs with a full complement of uniques being the same unless Greece also gets something later on.

2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

And I'm guessing Washington (I'm sure he's coming) won't have a capital named after himself, which is more than a little self-absorbed on his part. :)

3. El Cesar

El Cesar Chieftain

Greece is not missing one trait. And no, you cannot swap them in game. You choose them from the beginning.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Greece isn't missing anything.

They have a UA, LUA, UU, and UI just like other civs. Sure, it may be a bit less complicated, but that's only because the UA is so powerful.

And a dev already confirmed that Pericles and Gorgo may appear on the same map and even fight each other.

5. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Bismark.

I rest my case.

Atlas627 and ehecatzin like this.
  6. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

They are almost the same, however they have a diferent color scheme, and one of the hoplites shield has the Lambda on it, unlike Pericle's.

It's subtle, but enough to make them look Spartan.

7. dexters

8. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

I'm not sure if I'll like to see Teddy figthing against Washington with cities like New York duplicated.

9. Grumpbeard

Grumpbeard Warlord

I said this on another thread, but wouldn't Washington's capital be Philadelphia? Am I recalling history correctly?

10. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

This actually makes me wonder if Firaxis plans to make a Confederate America civ using the multiple leader system. And hopefully it's the kind of thing that can be toggled on and off. (tho I wouldn't mind it)

11. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

They could either Philadelphia or New York

12. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

For all those complaining that Civilization 6 doesn't do enough to differentiate the leaders, I kindly point you to Civilization 4, the last time we had multiple leaders. As an example, I'll be comparing America of Civ 4 with Greece of Civ 6.

(Civilization 4) America:
    Unique Unit: Navy SEAL
    Unique Building: Mall
    Starting Techs: Fishing / Mining

(Leader Traits)
    Washington: Expansive / Charismatic
    Roosevelt: Industrious / Organized
    Lincoln: Philosophical / Charismatic

In Civilization 4, the civilization leaders share the Unique Unit, Unique Building and Starting Tech and were only differentiated by the leader traits.

(Civilization 6) Greece:
    Unique Unit: Hoplite
    Unique Building: Acropolis
    Civilization Ability: Plato's Republic

(Leader Abilities)
    Pericles: additional culture from being the suzerain of city-states
    Gorgo: additional culture from combat kills

In Civilization 6, as in Civilization 4, the civilization leaders share the Unique Unit, Unique Building and Civilization Ability and are differentiated by their leader ability.

As this example clearly shows, Firaxis took a look of inspiration of the model that Civilization 4 used for multiple leaders and has tweaked it to work with having multiple leaders in Civilization 6. Also, two further differentiating factors to consider is that the civilization's capital city is tied to the leader themselves (as shown with Pericles getting Athens as his capitals and Gorgo getting Sparta as her capital).

13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I am thinking (and hoping) that the rule of both leaders in the same game only applies to Greece. It only makes sense for Gorgo and Pericles to be in the same game together since they represent two sides of the same civ that coexisted in the history. It makes less for other civs.

14. dexters

TR was a progressive and asserted US power. The natural counterpoint to that would be Jefferson. States rights. Isolationist. Enlightened radical.

qadams and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  15. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Civ6 overall civ design is leagues ahead of Civ4 IMHO, the multiple leader in civ6 is more of a strategy shift rather than a whole new thing, and I think that's good, even more when you take into account historical agendas, fighting Gorgo will feel very diferent than Pericles, and could drastically change how you approach the game.

I'm very curious to see how a new leader and agenda can shake things up for a civ.

Atlas627, MistyRonin and El Cesar like this.
  16. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

LOL I actually wondered about this but ultimately am glad they just gave her a spear. Also, I thought Gorgo's ability would be an enhanced ability to ferret out spies, given the supposed incident where she revealed enemy communications, but I could see how that ability would be boring. I'm glad they basically imbued her with the generalized Sparta characteristics.

17. Veras

Veras Prince

I hope you're right although I see no reason for this to happen, gameplay wise.

18. Danzo_87

Danzo_87 Warlord

Thing is it doesnt makes sense if multiple leaders can appear together on one map is just an exception, would be much easier to code where all civs with multiple leaders could do so, sure it wont be historically correct, but if Gandhi or Gorgo can be leaders of a civ, then this is a non issue for me

19. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I really don't like the jiggle --- it is distracting and was put in solely to titillate male gamers. Kinda turns a warrior queen into a sexual object (like, don't worry she may seem tough b/c she still has curves and is a WOMAN!!) But otherwise I love the animation. :) And they've generally done a great job with all the female leader animations.

20. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

I totally agree. The main thing I was trying to point out with my comparison was that in both Civilization 4 and Civilization 6, the main differentiating factor was tied to the leader themselves while everything else was shared.