1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dual leader first look Gorgo [Greece]

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

The colour scheme is the only change, I think, and just comes with the colour change for the whole civ.

The shields appear to have an assortment of symbols, and the lambda is also visible in Pericles' video if you look carefully.

2. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy The Village Idiot

I sure hope that this is a sign there will be twice as many DLC leaders.

3. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

Gorgo's agenda: "Gorgo seeks glory in combat, therefore she will never give up items in a peace deal. She prefers civs who haven’t yielded in a peace deal and dislikes any civ who has surrendered in a peace deal or any civ who has never engaged in war."

4. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

I believe, that distraction of your enemy by whatever means available is one of the underlying concepts of warfare, so she's achieving the goal :)

5. darko82

darko82 Emperor

So I was basically right again. 20 leaders, 19 civs on launch. Gorgo - a second leader. And everything is part of the base game. Heh...

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I wonder if Athens is in Gorgo's city list when Pericles is not on the map or if they have different city lists or at least priorities.

7. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Well that is how breasts work. And lesbian women would not be titillated??

Atlas627 likes this.
  8. Danzo_87

Danzo_87 Warlord

Tbh i didnt even noticed it until saw the mentioned of it lol:p

9. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

What does that accomplish? The system in Civ IV doesn't seem very good either. At least with that game, alternate leaders were not sold seperately as DLC, which is most likely what's going to happen with Civ VI.

10. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I'd say context is important, until we know what she is saying there's really no point in rushing to conclusions of sexual objectification, I think she may actually be mocking the idea of being a fragile woman there, and coming back with the classical line of Spartan women being the only ones that give birth to real men, or something along those lines.

That happened for me with Fredrerick, he seemed really clueless on his animation without sound, but then when you watch it in context is really cool, trying to remember all of the places he is king of, and dissmising it like it's no big deal.

I might have missed that then, if that is the case, it was done in a smart way, the color scheme brought out the details. be it as it may, the color change is what's important.

Atlas627 likes this.
  11. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

Keep in mind that DLC didn't exist with Civilization 4. Everything either came with vanilla or one of the two expansion packs. It wasn't until Civilization 5 that they started to utilize DLC. And hell, Civ 5's very first DLC was a singular civilization and leader (Babylon / Nebuchadnezzar). In all honesty though, we have no idea what Firaxis has planned for the DLC... they could bundle a new civilization alongside additional leaders, they could bundle new scenarios alongside additional leaders or just do one large DLC with multiple additional leaders brought in.

12. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Yeah I think I'd be more annoyed if she was wearing a bra.

Atlas627 likes this.
  13. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

I really don't mind the breast jiggle. Hell, if it was animated for the other female leaders (Victoria, Cleopatra, Catherine and Tomyris) we might not notice due to them wearing either more restrictive clothing or armor (in the case of Tomyris). Gorgo is wearing the most loose fitting clothing among the female leaders so eh, it is what it is.

14. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

I'm fine with buying civilizations as DLC. I'm not fine with buying a leader, which (apparently) comes down to changing a small bonus to stats and a new agenda. Especially when they have exactly one additional leader in the base game.
    But you're right. Who knows how they're going to bundle and sell their DLC. I'm expecting the worst, with them charging 3 dollars for a single alternate leader.

15. Cywil

Cywil Chieftain

With all 20 leaders and all 19 civs revealed for the base game already I'm affraid the deluxe edition would add as free DLCs ("four post-launch DLC packs* that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount") only:
    • one DLC with a new civ (Poland - Jadwiga - according to leaks),
    • one DLC with an alternative leader (Isabela for Spain - according to leaks),
    • one DLC with scenarios (Peloponnesian War and/or Greco-Persian War - maybe with Persia - according to leaks - as a civ for the very scenario only),
    • one DLC with some maps.

... but I hope there will be more than that.

16. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I'd like to note that the Persia DLC could swing either way:
    -Persia led by Xerxes, and using both Pericles and Gorgo
    -Persia led by Cyrus, and using Egypt, Sumer, and Scythia.

Also due to the lighter pipeline of the leaders in civ6, I'm willing to believe all 4 DLC's will include a leader, but that could just be wishful thinking.

17. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

It's Sid Meier. It's Civ. It's first new Civ in years. I'll buy all the damn DLC's they sell, sight unseen. God knows I've blown far more than that would cost on numerous games I played once and never booted again. This is the best entertainment value out there for my money. Speaking only for myself of course.

18. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

First, many seem to think leader does not mean ruler. There have been plenty of important and influential people that led and had major sway over their countrymen without having rule over them(I realize you didn't specifically say that but saying the de-facto leader does imply it and many that echo your point have).

Being heavily influential across multiple regimes has a lasting and significant impact. She was involved in statecraft and heavily relied on by a ruler. This would have made her both a leader and symbol of Sparta (and to some extent all women) during her time. Stating that someone must be the leader to be a leader isn't fair. 'Leading' really isn't equal in civ. I mean look at a ruler with basically absolute power kings, sultans, pharaohs, etc. All wielded far more power than say any President or Prime Minster. So is a key advisor in the rule of one of those absolutes power structures really all that different then say an American President who can only 'advise' or push ideas they hope the Congress/Senate will enact it? Ruler is an easy way to see the influence of the individual but is not and has not been the only factor.

Off the top of my head we have seen those that only had influence over their countrymen/world but never had enforceable power:
    Gandhi
    Joan of Arc
    Hannibal
    The host of mythological figures in Civ II

19. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Looks great. Can't wait to see the other leaders of revealed civs. If there are any.

20. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

I like it! I think Gorgo is a pretty dubious choice for Sparta (her husband Leonidas would have been, too; Lycurgus is the right choice of Spartan), but I'll get over that. I love having multiple leaders again.

As I said earlier, I would love for Gorgo's hoplites to look Spartan, even if they have to be mechanically the same. Give them red cloaks and the Spartan lamda on their shields.