Dual Monitor Fail

Oddible

signal / noise > 1
The game doesn't scroll right correctly if you have dual monitors. Kinda weird that this got forgotten in the QA process since it is rather common for folks to have dual monitor setups now.

The game doesn't scroll right correctly if you have dual monitors. Kinda weird that this got forgotten in the QA process since it is rather common for folks to have dual monitor setups now.

True. Especially in multiplayer sessions with long waiting times dual screen is amazing.

Guess we have to get used to scroll via arrow keys and minimap.

Same with three monitors. I contacted 2k earlier and all they wanted is the dxdiag results. But it is a known issue. So call them and let them know what happened.

2K Support
1-866-219-9839

Well, the problem is probably that it does not have really divided "Full screen" and "windowed" modes. In fact the game doesn't offer anything here. I guess it only works in "screwed fullscreen" :(

/signed

This happens with other games when you play windowed, but it should never happen in ful screen. And it is very annoying!

Yeah it's kinda good and bad, because while scrolling to the side that the second monitor is on (I'm bass-ackwards in that my "main" monitor is the one on the left, so it's scrolling left for me) you have a rather small area in which the game will detect that you want to scroll.

On the flipside, clicking stuff on the other monitor doesnt make the game minimize. (would be good for reading the forums, if they werent overloaded and buggy as heck today...so much F5 spamming..)

Just saw that with DX10/11 windowed mode is possible. And it works as such. However: scrolling is completely disabled in all directions and you cant click on "menu" on the top right anymore. You might find a hidden "x" though to close the application. ^^

Edit: Doesn't feel that cheap though. Have to think about using this or disabling my second monitor for civ5...

Top Bottom