Dueling Religious Billboards

Pissing off Christians with billboards is pretty fun anyways. I fully support the offensive ones even.

I don't see why pissing off people in a counter-productive manner would be seen as successful advertising. It's exactly the same the other way around. If religious groups piss of atheists, then are both being jerks and acting in a counter-productive manner.

Crazy, crazy America. Sometimes I just can't believe my eyes.

Some of these billboards are extremely offensive in my opinion and evangelical Atheists are no better then their Christian counterparts. It is wrong to force your opinions down the throats of other people, especially with regards to religion.

Pissing off Christians with billboards is pretty fun anyways. I fully support the offensive ones even.

A sign of maturity. :rolleyes:

I generally don't look at billboards, so they are a waste of time for me.

@Ekolite, what is wrong with people holding opinion on religion? Why it is wrong to be talking about religion?

I love the mass ignorance and hate which is just like partisanship but now it's about faith(or lack thereof) rather than politics.

Merry freakin' Christmas.

Can't we all come to the conclusion it's a time we can be nice to eachother, with or without God behind it?

---

As for the trend in general, good lord. I respect everyone's freedom of expression but the massive poo slinging contest is insane. Especially considering both sides are asses in presentation.

This has happened every year as far back as I can recall. It's like watching a rerun of the same thing every year. Nothing is ever solved. Waste of time and energy.

I love the mass ignorance and hate which is just like partisanship but now it's about faith(or lack thereof) rather than politics.

Merry freakin' Christmas.

Can't we all come to the conclusion it's a time we can be nice to eachother, with or without God behind it?

---

As for the trend in general, good lord. I respect everyone's freedom of expression but the massive poo slinging contest is insane. Especially considering both sides are asses in presentation.

These two billboards don't particularly strike me as being ass-ish.

These two billboards don't particularly strike me as being ass-ish.

Generally they are quite assish though.

The first still rubs me the wrong way. God shouldn't even be part of the discussion if we're talking about being good.

The second is perfectly fine since it illustrates that you don't need belief to be kind.

Why do Atheist need encouraging? If anyone, Muslims in America are the only ones who might need encouraging. After all, no one places blame for terror attacks on atheist.
I had to hide my atheism until I was financially stable because I thought my parents might cut off my college funding if they found out. When I told them, my mother asked me how I could possibly be moral without religion. I can't run for public office and hope to get elected unless I lie about my lack of faith. If I ever get married there's a strong chance half my family won't attend. Every time I read the news there's a story about some busybody Christian group trying to force their beliefs on others. When I found out there was an Atheist group where I live I was thrilled.

I'm ecstatic that people with the money are paying to publicize atheist groups. If this offends Christians, tough.

The first still rubs me the wrong way. God shouldn't even be part of the discussion if we're talking about being good.
A great, great many Christians disagree with you.

A great, great many Christians disagree with you.

Indeed. But that's because those same people are too narrowminded to notice that there has been plenty of evil done in God's name, and plenty of good done in other gods' - or no god's - name(s). :)

Traitorfish said:
I wish American atheists didn't insist on lowering themselves to the Fundie level. I mean, yes, support secularism, support your freedom to non-religiousness and your freedom from religion, but don't go around slagging people off because you don't like their beliefs. It's not even an effective challenge to Christian privilege, it's just rude.

This applies to both atheists and Christians. (Particularly the latter).

Cu Chulainn said:
I had to hide my atheism until I was financially stable because I thought my parents might cut off my college funding if they found out.

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Your. Parents.

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Your. Parents.

Fear of disownment due to being gay or atheist is a legitimate fear since many parents are cold enough to disown their kids for it. As I'm sure you know. It happens all the time. It's sick.

It's particularly bad that your mother asks how you can be moral without religion, simply because she's your mother!! If she didn't teach you morals, then she failed utterly in a very important part of parenting.

Athiests are the least trusted minority in America.

It's particularly bad that your mother asks how you can be moral without religion, simply because she's your mother!! If she didn't teach you morals, then she failed utterly in a very important part of parenting.
Most Christians seem to be moral because they think their god is going to harshly judge them if they are not. The vast majority of atheists are moral because they decided they wanted to be.

So, those people are basically hypocritical, cynical arseholes, who obey out of fear of being punished after death? Lovely.

So, those people are basically hypocritical, cynical arseholes, who obey out of fear of being punished after death? Lovely.
It is my contention that they are not actually moral because of God. They just assume they are and don't give the matter any further thought.

It is my contention that they are not actually moral because of God. They just assume they are and don't give the matter any further thought.

It also becomes evident when religious morals/dogma evolves.

"Of course the morals were different then, it was a different culture. They don't apply to us anymore."

Retcon + circular logic + magic + pick-and-choose science + hindsight = Faith

Top Bottom