Dumb AI exploitation

OnmyojiOmn

Prince
Post your examples. Today, a few turns after founding my first settlement on Conquistador difficulty, the English AI settled just a few tiles down the coast. They settled their soldier and left the pioneer out to improve tiles. I just had my soldier grab his gun (I settle both initially) and walk right into the undefended city. A few turns later, the AI brought some more colonists and settled another undefended city in the same spot, which I took again. This happened four times before Washington went elsewhere.

LOL, I actually had the AI settle his first capital 1 square from my borders and right beside a native village! :crazyeye: It was funny. Of course I bought some horses and turned the solder into a Dragoon. Declared war and captured the city the same turn.

Actually, the early European colonies are horrible are war. In that same game I then bought a cannon, took my single Dragoon and captured a number of colonies down the coast. In the end 2 Dragoons & 2 Cannons had wiped out the other European Colonists by turn 90. All that is left is a French and Spanish caravel sailing around the ocean. I knew that because I turned on world builder to see what was going on.

On Conquistador and higher you can't found more than one colony for free. And unless you're lucky with a Seasoned Scout, you might not have 800+ gold appearing out of your first colony. As a result it's almost neccessary to capture the nearest European settlement so that you can have more than one colony in the first fifty years.

Top Bottom