1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dumb AI exploitation

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by OnmyojiOmn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. OnmyojiOmn

OnmyojiOmn Chieftain

Post your examples. Today, a few turns after founding my first settlement on Conquistador difficulty, the English AI settled just a few tiles down the coast. They settled their soldier and left the pioneer out to improve tiles. I just had my soldier grab his gun (I settle both initially) and walk right into the undefended city. A few turns later, the AI brought some more colonists and settled another undefended city in the same spot, which I took again. This happened four times before Washington went elsewhere.

2. Oddible

Oddible signal / noise > 1

3. beancounter

beancounter Chieftain

LOL, I actually had the AI settle his first capital 1 square from my borders and right beside a native village! :crazyeye: It was funny. Of course I bought some horses and turned the solder into a Dragoon. Declared war and captured the city the same turn.

Actually, the early European colonies are horrible are war. In that same game I then bought a cannon, took my single Dragoon and captured a number of colonies down the coast. In the end 2 Dragoons & 2 Cannons had wiped out the other European Colonists by turn 90. All that is left is a French and Spanish caravel sailing around the ocean. I knew that because I turned on world builder to see what was going on.

4. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Chieftain

On Conquistador and higher you can't found more than one colony for free. And unless you're lucky with a Seasoned Scout, you might not have 800+ gold appearing out of your first colony. As a result it's almost neccessary to capture the nearest European settlement so that you can have more than one colony in the first fifty years.