1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dumb question about Unit strength...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Wretched Gnu, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Wretched Gnu

Wretched Gnu Chieftain

... I've finished a couple of games, but I still don't know what the multiple strength indicators mean (e.g., 5/4 strength, 2 movement).

I assume it refers to offensive vs. defensive strength...?

... and one more question! With the Religious Victory, does that mean your religion must exist in 80% of the cities, or that 80% of all state religions must be your religion...? I assume the latter...

2. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Yes, that's attack/defense.

You're religious influence has to be 80% to win a religious victory. You can check on the religion screen.

3. Chip56

Chip56 Chieftain

80% of the world population must follow your faith. It isn't requiered that foreign civs have your faith as state religion. Note that bigger cities have more pop and thus count more, also cities which have multiple other religions count less because not everybody in the city follows you faith.

4. Wretched Gnu

Wretched Gnu Chieftain

Thanks much!

Religious victory seems difficult, then, no? Normally most cities late in the game have multiple religions -- so getting 80% would seem tough...

5. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Priests can remove religions from other cities if you promote them to Inquisitor.

6. Emptiness

Emptiness []

You'll want to convince as many other civs as possible to switch to follow the religion you've founded, and then use Inquisition where you can to remove other religions from their cities. If that isn't enough then take enemy cities by force and Inquisition them.

7. Wretched Gnu

Wretched Gnu Chieftain

Ah, right, I forgot about the inquisitors -- thanks

8. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Chieftain

you also have to have the holy city.

9. zup

zup Chieftain

And if an AI has the holy city at 80% religious dominance (maybe they have to follow it as state religion too) they win religious victory. You can also read that as: you lose.

10. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

You dont have to follow Esus to win religious, only have holy city (can win in this way as Grigori or Illians) ... I assume same can be done for Empyrean as well.

11. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Can the Grigori build Empyrean Temples this way?

12. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

No, they can't. Every temple is disabled for them.

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Other civs can of course still use priests to build temples in Grigori cities though.

14. Chip56

Chip56 Chieftain

Wouln't the temple imidatly get deleted since the UB of temples is "NONE" for Grigori?

15. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

No, it would not. What UBs a civ has determines only what they can build, not what they can have. You can easily give yourself other civs' UBs in worldbuilder, or in python, or in xml spells. Now that I think of it, I may want to add some events that let you get other civs UBs, like one where you can let some dwarves settle in your city and make a Dwarven Smithy.

Note that having another civ's UB in your city also does not count as having the building built yet, so you could still build a normal harbor after having the Lanun one and thus have the bonuses stack.

Also, the buildings would revert to those of the conquering civ if the city was captured, so if you loose a city with multiple UBs and then get it back you won't have the UBs anymore.

16. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Go go AIs spamming FoL. Annoying Ljos...

17. xalien

xalien Chieftain

Hawks with CoE FTW.