Dumbest AI moves

I guess your right, but I doubt the AI is programed to defend with scouts. If you look in the XML they use scouts for exploring and I have a feeling that's all they can do with them.

Yes, they can only defend, but the AI will not take any special steps with it. I have once tried an experiment: WB'd 10 scouts into Darius' one remaining city, which by then had only 1 warrior left to my rather impressive 14-unit stack, mostly lvl 5 swords (he used to have quite a large army). The next turn, all the scouts were out of the city moving all over his remaining territory. The AI scouts will explore when fully healed until they are wounded or destroyed.

Let me add my contribution to this thread!
Tokugawa thought it'd be a smart move to capture Rome's last city I had left to rot on a peninsula. The problem is that Toku didn't have an open borders agreement with me.

I can nearly imagine the soldiers' thoughts. "Guys, I think there might be a hole in our plan..."

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 338
^ What the. How did you manage that. The only thing I can think of it WB.

^ What the. How did you manage that. The only thing I can think of it WB.
Why not? The borders changed very quickly in the end, as I set my culture slider all the way up to 100%, trying to reach a culture victory. It's not built with WB.

How did you manage to have your city surrounded by other culture, but your culture is off somewhere.

Dutch (or Carthaginian idk[looking again it may be russian?]) culture doesn't reach the tiles still controlled by Rome, is sufficient to outweigh Roman culture in the tiles it does reach, and is not sufficient to get the city to revolt. This is strange looking, but it happens from time to time, particularly after invading a continent or settling a single coastal city on another civ's almost fully settled continent or during a push for a culture win where a neighbor settled a city inadvisably close to a core human city.

I just think that mountain is WB.
Which one? They all look normal...If you mean the "mountain" in the middle of the four, that's not actually a tile, it's just a graphic that appears when there's a certain number of mountains.

In my last game I was playing as one of my own custom civs (leader had creative, aggressive traits) on a pangea map. I controlled part of the south coast to several tiles inland. The eastern half of my empire extended far inland to the north and Carthage was in between the two parts. I also had two large armies for each half of my empire. Hammy of Babylon declares war on me and sends a huge SoD (maces, trebs, knights) south through Carthage into my land where he wipes out my western army. He is just a few tiles away from a city that he could easily capture and cut my empire in half. Instead he turns back around, marches through Carthage all the way to my northern most city in the the east where my 2nd much larger army is fortified. This is also the city that killed 3 other SoDs in other wars. A turn later and it becomes the city that killed 4 SoDs.

Does it count if I mention Civ 3? I say this because Once I had Russia declare war on me when he was down to ONE city that was surrounded on all sides by my Modern Armor.

As far as Civ 4 goes the dumbest thing the AI did was he dumped a barb from a barb galley onto a square that had ocean on 3 sides and a mountain on the 4th, that barb stayed stranded there the whole game. :)

One stupid thing that happened in my last game was just crazy - there was an oasis in a massive desert, so only 2 food and 3 commerce for up to 10 tiles any direction, and Justinian built a city there.

Bet he built it on oil or coal that you couldn't see yet.

The AI is not able to "see" resources hidden from the player. It plays by the same rules as the human.

Unless you're infering that in this case the AI possesses techs that the human lacks, in which case I apologize for jumping to the conclusion this was another "The AI Cheats" post. :)

The AI is not able to "see" resources hidden from the player. It plays by the same rules as the human.

Unless you're infering that in this case the AI possesses techs that the human lacks, in which case I apologize for jumping to the conclusion this was another "The AI Cheats" post. :)

Or the random event that revels all oil.

Clearly I need to read that random events list more closely; I've never seen that one before.

Clearly I need to read that random events list more closely; I've never seen that one before.

Check Ori's list, it's the one entitled "A Man Named Jed".

Top Bottom