Dumbest thing you've gone to war over

I usually do it when I am bombarded with AI missionaries and great prophets. It's not so much my cities being converted (as I have Inquisitors parked there). It's because they keep converting my City State allies.

Although I haven't declared war because of embassy requests (like Doktor Vic Tim) :lol: , I have been tempted. It is so annoying for them to keep asking. I wish there was a button I could click that says "quit asking me about embassies."

I finally end up getting so ticked off that I just start accepting the embassy requests from everyone. It's too aggravating to be trying to do something and then that crap pops up. Also--when they constantly offer me a lousy 2 GPT for one of my luxuries and ask every other turn and I keep saying no.

I'm at war with that miserable horse-f*cker because she keeps spamming Great Prophets and Missionaries at me.

I wish there was a way to tell the AI to knock it off like they can to us.
Phhht. I've gone to war with someone just because they dared send 1 Great Prophet through my territory.

Phhht. I've gone to war with someone just because they dared send 1 Great Prophet through my territory.

Wow you have alot more self restraint than me!

I have capped prophets wandering around in neutral territory minding their own business so that I could be sure it won't beeline for my capital when I'm not paying attention.

The dumbest reason why I've gone to war for is for gpt and a large sum of gold and not taking the capital for the domination victory. I felt dumb going to war for gold because not all the civilizations pay gold for peace. Asking wiped out civilizations for gold per turn or gold while the civilization still doesn't give out any gold could be dumb, Imho.

I was playing a Small map, Scouting mid-game and came across fish and whales and Krakatoa and I was so pleased as I just had researched Optics (Scout couldn't embark but new Settler could and quickly reach the area the Scout was - Fractal map or something with lots of snakey land) but then before I know it Spain pops a city beside it. Spain was not near my empire at all but I decided to change the game to "Destroy the Spanish" but had no idea how powerful she'd be and I lost miserably. I coveted her lands I suppose.

I don't really see any dumb reasons here... All seem perfectly reasonable. :mischief:

I declared on Japan, when asked to by a friend, just to see if I could get a city off of them. Total phony war - I took out few fishing boats and some workers - but they gave me Tokyo. :lol:

i stupidly allied myself with defensive pact with darius. he then declared war on aztecs, koreans, and about 6 others and i was suddenly at war with aztecs, but only them. maybe the romans and others declared war on him...anyways i lost 2 cargo ships pillaged by aztecs, and was too late to save one of the persians 3 cities (which i had just liberated from korea who i had just finished a war with), but immediately after wiping out the rest of the aztec forces montezuma gave me one of his cities. does getting sucked into wars cos of stupid alliances count?

I had culturally dominant or influential over everyone in the game, declared order as the world ideology, and 8 other civs had gone straight order making massive unhappiness for any dissenters. America and Korea still had the balls to take autocracy and Freedom after all this.

Being the reasonable Indian leader I am I declared war on him in a rage with best bud the Netherlands, and rolled over America with my bombers and tanks in about 3 turns as punishment. Seriously, the dude has been my friend for years and he won't even take order with all those incentives? Korea was half a world away so I settled for bribing 2 other powerful civs to do my dirty work for me. When the dust cleared 10 turns later none but Order remained. ;) The world has been embraced by the proletariat at last! This has been an extremely bloody game so far but mainly on the other continent. Ours has been mainly war-free until America decided to be a stick-in-the-mud. Unforgivable! ;)

Ironically, this was after the conclusion of a perfectly peaceful, cultural game that I kept playing. Somehow I ended up with an army of stealth/jetfighters/GDRs/Modern Armors/helis/nuclear missles/XCOMS/and missle cruisers simply because I was bored and had nothing else to build and running a massive gold surplus. Meh, maybe I'll wipe out the world too, it might be a challenge to eliminate a huge map. :)

I had a small little spot inbetween my empire, and I had open borders with askia. There was nothing there, just desert and the er puts his city right in middle of my nation....

Once I dropped 12 nukes on the entire Roman Empire because I forgot to set my cities to build the Space Station. Rome was too for ahead so I figured the only way I could catch up was to completely halt his production.

Once, I attacked Spain because she was unpopular, and I didn't want my nukes to go to waste.

"When I meet someone right after accidently spilling my coffee/wine (depending on the time of day) I usually take it out on them"

Does this apply to a great full body IPA too?

Brew God

Once I was Aztec, farming a barb camp and some guy came over and killed the barb camp. I declared war on him and said since I can't farm barbs anymore I farm you.

He wasn't too happy. There was much rage in chat until his demise.

This is without a doubt my number 1 early game reason...Trolls... Im sure this isn't a rare reason either!

I sometimes find myself declaring war on a civ when they keep bullying my protected city state friends, and they taunt me about the bullying. This infuriates me and I usually hasten to a war to crush the bully!

Top Bottom