Dummy Amenity Building start in city center?

SlySlySly

Warlord
I was wondering how it would be done to make a building that isn't really there, more of like a non-existent existing building. It would boost amenities by 3.
I realized that might have been confusing, so let me explain clearly.
1. It's a building in city center
2. It starts in all cities, not needed to be built
3. It boosts amenities by 3
4. It doesn't take up the custom building slot in a civilization.
5. It either doesn't show up in city menu, or says something like "Amenity Boost"
6. It is a part of a civilization's trait

Does anyone know...
a. it is possible
b. how to do it

The following code will do what you want it to do.

Code:
INSERT INTO Types (Type, Kind) VALUES
('TRAIT_BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'KIND_TRAIT');

INSERT INTO Traits (TraitType, Name, Description) VALUES
('TRAIT_BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'Extra Starting City Amenities Trait', 'Trait that confers extra starting amenities to each city.');

INSERT INTO CivilizationTraits (CivilizationType, TraitType) VALUES
('CIVILIZATION_EGYPT', 'TRAIT_BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES');

INSERT INTO Types (Type, Kind) VALUES ('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'KIND_BUILDING');

INSERT INTO Buildings (BuildingType, Name, Cost, PrereqDistrict, Entertainment, MustPurchase, TraitType) VALUES
('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'Amenity Boost', 1, 'DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER', 3, 1, "TRAIT_BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES");

INSERT INTO CivilopediaPageExcludes (SectionId, PageId) VALUES ('BUILDINGS', 'BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES');

INSERT INTO DistrictModifiers (DistrictType, ModifierId) VALUES
('DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER', 'BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES_MODIFIER');

INSERT INTO Modifiers (ModifierId, ModifierType, RunOnce, Permanent, OwnerRequirementSetId, SubjectRequirementSetId) VALUES
('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_GRANT_BUILDING_IN_CITY', 0, 1, NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO ModifierArguments (ModifierId, Name, Type, Value, Extra, SecondExtra) VALUES
('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'BuildingType', 'ARGTYPE_IDENTITY', 'BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', NULL, NULL);

It will place a dummy building in each City Center once the city is founded, and the city will gain +3 amenities from entertainment through that building. It does not need to be built. It is automatically placed. It is part of (here) CIVILIZATION_EGYPT's trait, and only Egypt's cities will get it, even though the modifier placing this dummy building is tied directly to DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER. No other civilization will get it. I've put in Amenity Boost as the name of the building and left it without a description. I've also put in an exclusion for Civilopedia purposes, so it shouldn't show up there.

There is no such thing as a "custom building slot" in Civ VI. A civilization can have as many custom buildings as you desire. From 0 to a 100.

I gave some thought to doing what you want to do without a dummy building, but I see no obvious way of doing this. The Modifiers/Effects dealing with amenities are woefully limited.

Attached is the SQL file with the relevant Insert statements. If you need a complete mod, let me know.

Attachments

• DummyBuildingAmenitiesSQL.zip
    818 bytes · Views: 145
Yes, there is. By doing the following:

(1) Requiring that the building must be purchased (and therefore cannot be built); and,

(2) Specifying NO purchase yield (i.e. not amount in gold or faith) for the building,

The oucome is that:

(a) The building CANNOT be built in regular course (and does not show up in the Build List of any city); and,

(b) the building CANNOT be purchased for faith or gold (and does not show in the Purchase Lists (Faith, Gold) of any city).

As a result, the building is as close to a dummy building as possible. Add to that the exclusion of the dummy building from the Civilopedia, and the result is as unobtrusive as possible.

Code:

('TRAIT_BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'Extra Starting City Amenities Trait', 'Trait that confers extra starting amenities to each city.');

INSERT INTO Types (Type, Kind) VALUES ('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'KIND_BUILDING');

INSERT INTO Buildings (BuildingType, Name, Cost, PrereqDistrict, Entertainment, MustPurchase, TraitType) VALUES
('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', 'Amenity Boost', 1, 'DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER', 3, 1, "TRAIT_BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES");

INSERT INTO CivilopediaPageExcludes (SectionId, PageId) VALUES ('BUILDINGS', 'BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES');

INSERT INTO Modifiers (ModifierId, ModifierType, RunOnce, Permanent, OwnerRequirementSetId, SubjectRequirementSetId) VALUES
('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'MODIFIER_SINGLE_CITY_GRANT_BUILDING_IN_CITY', 0, 1, NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO ModifierArguments (ModifierId, Name, Type, Value, Extra, SecondExtra) VALUES
('BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'BuildingType', 'ARGTYPE_IDENTITY', 'BUILDING_EXTRA_AMENITIES', NULL, NULL);

It will place a dummy building in each City Center once the city is founded, and the city will gain +3 amenities from entertainment through that building. It does not need to be built. It is automatically placed. It is part of (here) CIVILIZATION_EGYPT's trait, and only Egypt's cities will get it, even though the modifier placing this dummy building is tied directly to DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER. No other civilization will get it. I've put in Amenity Boost as the name of the building and left it without a description. I've also put in an exclusion for Civilopedia purposes, so it shouldn't show up there.

There is no such thing as a "custom building slot" in Civ VI. A civilization can have as many custom buildings as you desire. From 0 to a 100.

I gave some thought to doing what you want to do without a dummy building, but I see no obvious way of doing this. The Modifiers/Effects dealing with amenities are woefully limited.

Attached is the SQL file with the relevant Insert statements. If you need a complete mod, let me know.

Most of my civilization is coded with xml. Will this work with that? Is it compatible. And thanks for getting this done so fast. Thanks for the help.

Code:

How would I put this into a civilization. The civ is called Raitorozu. Do I just put it in with the mod in the folder?

Hey. Send me your entire mod. I'll help you out this time around. But there are excellent tutorials on SQL (from Issau, for example). Take a look around. Meanwhile, please upload your mod here.

Hey. Send me your entire mod. I'll help you out this time around. But there are excellent tutorials on SQL (from Issau, for example). Take a look around. Meanwhile, please upload your mod here.
Well yo mah bro! Hey ya' go!

Attachments

• Raitorozu Civilization.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 168
Sly, do you not have a MODINFO? You need it to integrate your mod with the game. And I can't easily integrate my code with yours without a MODINFO file. I would either have to convert all of my code into XML or all of your code into SQL :)) Daunting....
I can give you a simple MODINFO, but you have so many files (and some that appear to be duplicates? or deprecated chunks?). How do you want to integrate my code with yours? Do you have a standard convention for naming the traits? I can tailor it more or less, but let me know. Anyways, I can give you a simple MODINFO with a unique MOD Id and integrate my component into it, but you would need to integrate the rest of your files (there are good tutorials on this website). It's not hard, you would just need to list the files appropriately for the load order.

1. There is no such thing as FEATURE_RAINFOREST. It is FEATURE_JUNGLE. You have FEATURE_RAINFOREST in the civilization file for start biases.
  2. Your civilization file has a <GameInfo> opener tag but no </GameInfo> closer tag.
  3. No such thing as YIELD_AMMENITIES. Ammenities are stated as column Entertainment within table <Buildings> rather than as a YieldChange in table <Building_YieldChanges>
    Code:
      <Building_YieldChanges>
        <Row BuildingType="BUILDING_ROZUPAGODA" YieldChange="2" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE"/>
       <Row BuildingType="BUILDING_ROZUPAGODA" YieldChange="1" YieldType="YIELD_AMMENITIES"/>
      </Building_YieldChanges>
  4. Your other files have that weird encoding thing where notepad can't see the line ends so I didn't look at anything in the other files. (there actually isn't necessarily anything wrong with such files, it is just that Notepad gets confused by the line-return codes)

Sly, do you not have a MODINFO? You need it to integrate your mod with the game. And I can't easily integrate my code with yours without a MODINFO file. I would either have to convert all of my code into XML or all of your code into SQL :)) Daunting....
I can give you a simple MODINFO, but you have so many files (and some that appear to be duplicates? or deprecated chunks?). How do you want to integrate my code with yours? Do you have a standard convention for naming the traits? I can tailor it more or less, but let me know. Anyways, I can give you a simple MODINFO with a unique MOD Id and integrate my component into it, but you would need to integrate the rest of your files (there are good tutorials on this website). It's not hard, you would just need to list the files appropriately for the load order.
First of all, the weird files are something my Mac is doing on it's own. My lack of .modinfo is mainly due to the fact I was using a Mac. If you do end up doing it, I prefer xml because I have a decent xml editor on my Mac. I believe you only technically have to do the .xml files....? I'm rather new at this, so I apologize for the strange things in the code... :blush:

Hey, Sly, I have something new for you. A new and cleaner method of getting your result. The following will get you 3 starting amenities for every city of the civilization with the trait (in this case, I used CIVILIZATION_EGYPT as a placeholder), but _without_ the need for the awkward dummy building to trigger it. There is one caveat -- the amenities will appear on the City Report Screen as "Amenities From City States", but no city state suzerainty is required, and who really cares what it looks like on a UI report screen. The functionality is all the same. But, no need for the dummy building.

Code:
('TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES', 'KIND_TRAIT');

('TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES', 'LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_NAME', 'LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_DESCRIPTION');

('CIVILIZATION_EGYPT', 'TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES');

INSERT INTO TraitModifiers (TraitType, ModifierId) VALUES
('TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES', 'GRANT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_MODIFIER');

('GRANT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_CITY_AMENITIES_FROM_CITY_STATES', 0, 1, NULL, NULL);

('GRANT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'Amount', 'ARGTYPE_IDENTITY', 3, NULL, NULL);

The following is the implementation of the SQL statements in regular XML format. You can insert this into the rest of your code now as you see fit. All these entries are required for this trait to work. If you change any names/monikers, make sure you update all the instances. Anyways, now you are free to use this at your pace. Good luck!

Code:
<GameInfo>
    <Types>
        <Row Type="TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES" Kind="KIND_TRAIT"/>
    </Types>
    <Traits>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES" Name="LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_NAME" Description="LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_DESCRIPTION"/>
    </Traits>
    <CivilizationTraits>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" TraitType="TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES"/>
    </CivilizationTraits>
    <TraitModifiers>
        <Row>
            <TraitType>TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES</TraitType>
            <ModifierId>GRANT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_MODIFIER</ModifierId>
        </Row>
    </TraitModifiers>
    <Modifiers>
        <Row>
            <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_CITY_AMENITIES_FROM_CITY_STATES</ModifierType>
        </Row>
    </Modifiers>
    <ModifierArguments>
        <Row>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Value>3</Value>
        </Row>
    </ModifierArguments>
</GameInfo>

Hey, Sly, I have something new for you. A new and cleaner method of getting your result. The following will get you 3 starting amenities for every city of the civilization with the trait (in this case, I used CIVILIZATION_EGYPT as a placeholder), but _without_ the need for the awkward dummy building to trigger it. There is one caveat -- the amenities will appear on the City Report Screen as "Amenities From City States", but no city state suzerainty is required, and who really cares what it looks like on a UI report screen. The functionality is all the same. But, no need for the dummy building.

Code:

('TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES', 'LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_NAME', 'LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_DESCRIPTION');

('GRANT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_CITY_AMENITIES_FROM_CITY_STATES', 0, 1, NULL, NULL);

('GRANT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_MODIFIER', 'Amount', 'ARGTYPE_IDENTITY', 3, NULL, NULL);

The following is the implementation of the SQL statements in regular XML format. You can insert this into the rest of your code now as you see fit. All these entries are required for this trait to work. If you change any names/monikers, make sure you update all the instances. Anyways, now you are free to use this at your pace. Good luck!

Code:
<GameInfo>
    <Types>
    </Types>
    <Traits>
        <Row TraitType="TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES" Name="LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_NAME" Description="LOC_TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES_DESCRIPTION"/>
    </Traits>
    <CivilizationTraits>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" TraitType="TRAIT_EXTRA_STARTING_AMENITIES"/>
    </CivilizationTraits>
    <TraitModifiers>
        <Row>
        </Row>
    </TraitModifiers>
    <Modifiers>
        <Row>
            <ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_CITY_AMENITIES_FROM_CITY_STATES</ModifierType>
        </Row>
    </Modifiers>
    <ModifierArguments>
        <Row>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Value>3</Value>
        </Row>
    </ModifierArguments>
</GameInfo>
Wow! Thanks for this! Really makes my life much easier!

Code:

Code:
<GameInfo>
    <Types>
    </Types>
    <Traits>
    </Traits>
    <CivilizationTraits>
    </CivilizationTraits>
    <TraitModifiers>
        <Row>
        </Row>
    </TraitModifiers>
    <Modifiers>
        <Row>
        </Row>
    </Modifiers>
    <ModifierArguments>
        <Row>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Value>3</Value>
        </Row>
    </ModifierArguments>
</GameInfo>
I copied it in like this:
Code:
<GameInfo>
  <Types>
    <Row Kind="KIND_CIVILIZATION" Type="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>

<Row Kind="KIND_TRAIT" Type="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_JIZEN"/>

<Row Kind="KIND_TRAIT" Type="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_ROZUPAGODA"/>

<Row Kind="KIND_TRAIT" Type="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_SERINGUDEZU"/>
  </Types>
  <Civilizations>
    <Row Adjective="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU_ADJECTIVE"
         CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"
         Description="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU_DESCRIPTION"
         Ethnicity="ETHNICITY_ASIAN" Name="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU_NAME"
         RandomCityNameDepth="3"
         StartingCivilizationLevelType="CIVILIZATION_LEVEL_FULL_CIV"/>
  </Civilizations>
  <CivilizationLeaders>
    <Row CapitalName="RAITOROZU CITY" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"
         LeaderType="LEADER_AKANE"/>
  </CivilizationLeaders>
  <Traits>
    <Row Description="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_JIZEN_DESCRIPTION"
         Name="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_JIZEN_NAME"
         TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_JIZEN"/>

<Row Description="LOC_BUILDING_ROZUPAGODA_DESCRIPTION"
         Name="LOC_BUILDING_ROZUPAGODA_NAME"
         TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_ROZUPAGODA"/>

<Row Description="LOC_UNIT_SERINGUDEZU_DESCRIPTION"
         Name="LOC_UNIT_SERINGUDEZU_NAME"
         TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_SERINGUDEZU"/>
  </Traits>
  <CivilizationTraits>
        <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU" TraitType="TRAIT_KAGAKU"/>
    </CivilizationTraits>
    <TraitModifiers>
          <Row>
            <TraitType>TRAIT_KAGAKU</TraitType>
        </Row>
    </TraitModifiers>
    <Modifiers>
        <Row>
        </Row>
    </Modifiers>
    <ModifierArguments>
        <Row>
            <Name>Amount</Name>
            <Value>3</Value>
        </Row>
    </ModifierArguments>
  <StartBiasFeatures>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"
         FeatureType="FEATURE_JUNGLE" Tier="1"/>
  </StartBiasFeatures>
  <StartBiasRivers>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU" Tier="4"/>
  </StartBiasRivers>
  <CityNames>
    <Row CityName="Raitorozu City" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Rozezu Ichi" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Kuraudogaden" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Miyakojima" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Shizukesa" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Minatocho" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Umi No Hoseki" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Kawasaki" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Ustukushi Mura" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
    <Row CityName="Ishigaki" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAITOROZU"/>
   </CityNames>
</GameInfo>

Does this seem like it would work?

If I added a requirement using REQUIREMENT_CITY_HAS_BUILDING to the modifier and made the required building BUILDING_PALACE would that make this only provide the dummy building to the capital when it's first founded?

Or would the palace not exist at the point at which it tried to run?

Top Bottom