Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch

Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch Version 5.8

Something is wrong with the wind trap
default 1.10 DWR
+2w, +2p, 3d model
Spoiler screen 01 :

VIP 5.4
+1w(+2w?), +2p, +1c(new), no 3d model, worker proposes to build a new wind trap in the same square after the work is completed
Spoiler screen 02 :

Last edited:
Something is wrong with the wind trap
default 1.10 DWR
+2w, +2p, 3d model
Spoiler screen 01 :

VIP 5.4
+1w(+2w?), +2p, +1c(new), no 3d model, worker proposes to build a new wind trap in the same square after the work is completed
Spoiler screen 02 :

I think I've finally got to bottom of these strange disappearing Improvement issues. When you build the Desalinator improvement (which can only be built on Salt) it immediately converts the tile to Graben terrain type and deletes itself. Originally this was done in Python code, but I assume it was moved into CvGameCoreDLL.dll at some point for performance/multiplayer reasons. Sadly I don't have the Dune Wars: Revival DLL source code to confirm. Anyway, it seems that the DLL implementation expects IMPROVEMENT_DESALINATOR to be at a fixed position in CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml, but when I added the new Fremen improvements I did it above IMPROVEMENT_DESALINATOR in the file. This meant that different improvements were getting the Desalinator treatment instead (turning tile to Graben and before deleting themselves); the Fremen Village in 5.3 and the Windtrap in 5.4 behave like this. When I move all the new improvements after IMPROVEMENT_DESALINATOR in the XML file things function as intended.

Anyway, another version is incoming to finally resolve this I hope.
Very dumb question sorry but where is cool looking the Guild Transport screen I've seen in screenshots? I've started up a game and I just can't find it anywhere. I saw an old forum post saying its a button on the top right area where all the usual advisor buttons are but I can't see it.

Not a dumb question. The Homeworld screen button only becomes available once you have researched Offworld Trade and built a Landing Stage National Wonder.

The Narcotics Dealing 4 promotion causes a crash when in an enemy city at the beginning of a turn. I was experimenting and narrowed the crash down to this. If I remove the promotion using the editor the game continues. If you are interested I could provide a save game.

The Narcotics Dealing 4 promotion causes a crash when in an enemy city at the beginning of a turn. I was experimenting and narrowed the crash down to this. If I remove the promotion using the editor the game continues. If you are interested I could provide a save game.

Thanks for the crash report. I'll look into it.

I know this was a long time ago but if you still have the save game it would be good to have it.

Don't know if it other users have report similar issues, but Bug mod show issues with a popup saying that it failed to write INI file in the dune folder.

Hello. Benegeserit seems buggued in custom games. The game simply does not start.

I cannot recreate this problem. Did you definitely follow the installation instructions properly?

1. Install Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 via the installer or zip file.
2. Copy the DuneWars Revival folder from this zip file over the DuneWars Revival mod folder saying yes to overwriting of files.

Don't know if it other users have report similar issues, but Bug mod show issues with a popup saying that it failed to write INI file in the dune folder.

You could try running the game as Administrator. It's possible that the location of the mod is protected for some reason.

I cannot recreate this problem. Did you definitely follow the installation instructions properly?

1. Install Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 via the installer or zip file.
2. Copy the DuneWars Revival folder from this zip file over the DuneWars Revival mod folder saying yes to overwriting of files.
Yes I did install the game like that. The crash only occurs when I play with the "Classical Era" (not the Seeds, but the End era) start.
Thank you anyway.

Yes I did install the game like that. The crash only occurs when I play with the "Classical Era" (not the Seeds, but the End era) start.
Thank you anyway.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if later starts actually work in standard Dune Wars: Revival 1.10.

It works but not with any Bene Gesserit leaders.

Huh. Interesting. I'll investigate and see whether there's anything I can do.

Deliverator updated Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch with a new update entry:

Version 5.8

Fixes​

• Scenarios now playable! Changed new line format to CRLF in scenario files making them playable.
  • Fixed Fremen description to mention Sietch Improvement.
  • Fixed issue with State Religion icon in Theology Civic description.
  • Removed defensive bonus from Peaks since they are impassable anyway.

Cosmetic Changes​

• New leader for Shaddam IV and other graphics drawn from the second trailer for Dune: Part 2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for this amazing mod! Could you tell me how to make the Ecaz Merc units buildable like normal UUs? I sat infront of the XMLs for 2 hours now and i just cant get them to show up in the City Screen. Thank you!

Top Bottom