Duplicate City-States

Teaf

Warlord
I did a search but could only find a bug for duplicate civilizations. I'm pretty sure that all City-States are generated when the game starts so it didn't matter at what point my save file was from so I uploaded the save where I found the duplicate states. I've attached a screenshot and the game file, although the screenshot only shows two of the City-Staates as the other has been conquered.

Bug: There are three identical Buenos Aires City-States in my game.
Version: 1.0.0.26 (221715)

The process that lead up to this was that the first Buenos Aires I found was very close to my capital (5 tile gap). Victoria had spawned nearby and she quickly conquered it. We eventually went to war and I took it back from her but decided to keep it rather than liberating it. After this, and while I was still exploring, I found two other City-States called Buenos Aires.

Attachments

• aires.jpg
    aires.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 213
  • save.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
I note that you are using the Chao Quick UI Mod, which I am not familiar with. When reporting bugs while using mods, please state what mods you are using.

Something unusual is happening. Did you generate this map yourself?

The default number of city-states on a small map is 9, but you say England conquered (and then you re-conquered) the first Buenos Aires, so if you ignore the two duplicate Buenos Aires on the list, you would have 9 city-states (the original Buenos Aires, plus Seoul through Toronto). So how do you have 11 city-states on this map in the first place? (Leaving aside the fact that it's only turn 84, and there is a lot of unexplored territory, so there are probably more CSs to be found.) There are only 24 unique CSs in the game files, so if someone tries to pack more than 24 CSs on a map, duplicates have to happen.

I just encountered the same issue. I'm only using the No Government Diplomacy Penalty and Restart Button mods found on this site. At first I thought it was just a bug with the city-state colors but then found the "real" Hattusa.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-7_16-16-12.png
    upload_2016-11-7_16-16-12.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 159
  • 20161107161139_1.jpg
    20161107161139_1.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 176
In my case it was an older version of the RestartButton that was doing it; spawning city-states endlessly, which would explain both why my capital was suffocated by them as well as there being duplicates.

I'm really quite sorry if I only cluttered the thread instead of helping solve the OP's similar issue.

Top Bottom