Dutch cartoonist arrested.

Why do you think I want to do anything for my "case"? Why do you think I care?

In that case carry on damaging it with hyperbole and slippery slope fallacies. My bad.

these muslim threads on here are filthy cesspools for the über-idiots. not even funny anymore...

noone should go to jail for drawing cartoons. this guy didnt either. /end thread.

you mean the provinces where muslims lived for over 400-500 years?
You mean the provinces where muslims killed and looted for 400-500 years?

I'm glad that your delusions are making you so unhappy. Living such a hateful life is its own punishment.
And why do you think that I live a hateful life? I just want my society to survive.

You mean the provinces where muslims killed and looted for 400-500 years?

al andalus? wasnt the happy land of tolerance, but certainly not an anti-christian terror regime and quite stable, so there was less looting going on as in other regions of europe at the time for sure.

al andalus? wasnt the happy land of tolerance, but certainly not an anti-christian terror regime and quite stable, so there was less looting going on as in other regions of europe at the time for sure.
Al-Andalus was a hell on Earth for christians. Of course, the modern anti-european propaganda is at work here for quite some time.

You live under the delusion your society might not survive,. That would be why you live a hateful live. (And Al-Andalus, hell on earth? Man, have you ever picked an history book not written by Adolf and his friends?)

As for the actual topic at hand : a mistake was made. Judicial mistakes happen in any justice system. We've had plenty enough cases of innocents being mistakenly sentenced to life in jail or the electric chair.

In the bigger picture, one night in jail is not a big deal. There was no trial, no sentencing,

Most countries have laws enabling citizens to sue policemen if they believe they were treated wrongly.

The mistake has been corrected. Possibly the cartoonist will now sue the police or something, if he believe the treatment was unwarranted.

That's how things work in democratic justice system. That's how they should work.

Ohhhh, one article on the intahrwebs, against the general consensus of scholars in the past several decades.

Yes, let's believe the article on the intarwebs, the one without any useful citation!

Ohhhh, one article on the intahrwebs, against the general consensus of scholars in the past several decades.

Yes, let's believe the article on the intarwebs, the one without any useful citation!
And the general cosensus of scholars is anything coming out of Jared Diamond's mouth?

Were any of the people who threatened to kill this guy arrested? Because that is an actual crime.

Hell no.

Jared Diamond is an interesting theorician on why certain civilization became powerful and others did not.

He's not a scholar of Andalusian history, or European history, or anything actually relevant to the situation of people in Al-Andalus.

Hell no.

Jared Diamond is an interesting theorician on why certain civilization became powerful and others did not.

He's not a scholar of Andalusian history, or European history, or anything actually relevant to the situation of people in Al-Andalus.

Al-Andalus was the pinnacle of civilisation in a time where the streets of Paris were still filled with mud. How some can be so ignorant on the glorious (yes, glorious) history of Andalusia, it's stunning.

Hell no.

I was refering to his Europe-hating style, a style that is propagated by some of his antichrist colleagues.

Ahahahaha, that site is hilarious Panonius. And complete bollocks, it goes without saying. I think my favourite is where it describes El Cid as a hero of the reconquest when he spent just as much time fighting for the Muslims as against them. Or maybe where Muslim Spain was the "most oppressed part of Europe"... or where it misuses basic terminology like "Morisco"...

How exactly is Diamond Europe-hating? I don't see it, though in fairness, it's been a long time since I read Guns, Germs and Steel and I haven't had any inclination to re-read it.

And most of the texts I've actually read on the topic were hardly Europe-hating. I'm not talking about the "barbaric European vs cultured muslims" sort of texts here.

Ahahahaha, that site is hilarious Panonius. And complete bollocks, it goes without saying. I think my favourite is where it describes El Cid as a hero of the reconquest when he spent just as much time fighting for the Muslims as against them. Or maybe where Muslim Spain was the "most oppressed part of Europe"... or where it misuses basic terminology like "Morisco"...

"if you find the facts are against your views, create new facts that fit them."

a perfect description of that site.

Top Bottom