Dutch extremist group unleashes biological weapons on Canada

I think the theological question is irrelevant. Sure, I can't see why on earth it would make sense from a religious question, but it is neither my place nor the job of the state to determine what beliefs are and are not acceptable.

The question really is, should the government mandate vaccinations? On the one hand, I am not really comfortable with the state mandating anything like this; on the other, looking out for the common welfare is why we have government.

So, I don't know.

My grandmother's mother died in the flu epidemic of 1918. My grandmother was just 7 years old. She and her little brother were raised by their older sister, who was all of 12. Sure, their father survived... but the family dynamic was drastically changed from what it could have been. My great-grandmother's death had far-reaching consequences 90 years after the fact.

I'm not up on when the first flu vaccines were developed, but in general I think it is inexcusably irresponsible and SELFISH to refuse a vaccination for any reason except allergies to the vaccination itself. After all, people have been jailed for spreading AIDS... why is it any more acceptable to spread diseases such as the flu, mumps, chicken pox, and others? There is a general misconception that these are "childhood" diseases, and the flu is "just a bad cold." However, for those in the at-risk groups, these are potentially deadly.

There is a difference between spreading AIDS and putting yourself at risk to spread it. Likewise, I might support penalties for those who actually give mumps to someone, but not those who just don't get vaccinated.

If they only spread it among themselves, I don't mind. It's just god sending us prove for evolution, by killing off those foolish enough not have vaccinations.

I think vaccinations should be mandatory. They are for public safety and welfare. When you willfully refuse a vaccination you put large portions of the population at risk. The people who refused it and then went and spread it in Canada should be jailed. After being vaccinated forcibly if necessary.

I think vaccinations should be mandatory. They are for public safety and welfare. When you willfully refuse a vaccination you put large portions of the population at risk. The people who refused it and then went and spread it in Canada should be jailed. After being vaccinated forcibly if necessary.
There is a serious flaw in your reasoning. The only people who can get infected are the ones that aren't vaccinated themselves. So you're not putting large portions of the population at risk, you are putting the portion of the population that isn't vaccinated at risk. And they are already at risk since they aren't vaccinated.

Assuming, for the moment, that there is a God, do you actually think that God favors human beings over all other life forms, including bacteria and viruses?

There is a God, and yes, He does favour human beings over all other life forms.

Assuming there is a God, you'll note that when you get hungry, he doesn't seat you at a table and bring you dinner, whether you're religious or not. He expects us to take care of that ourselves.

So, no. Whether we wish to kill off disease germs is our decision to make.

Anyone who refuses a vaccination, then dies of the illness the vaccination prevents, is deserving of a Darwin Award IMO.

Better to eliminate them from the gene pool.

They shouldnt get medical insurance either for whatever treatment they recieve, people who aren't in hospital because of their own stupidity should get the time from doctors.

There is a serious flaw in your reasoning. The only people who can get infected are the ones that aren't vaccinated themselves. So you're not putting large portions of the population at risk, you are putting the portion of the population that isn't vaccinated at risk. And they are already at risk since they aren't vaccinated.

Yeh. So to protect people from their own stupidity the government sometimes has to mandate things.

There is a serious flaw in your reasoning. The only people who can get infected are the ones that aren't vaccinated themselves.

Sadly, that is not quite correct - and even if it was it would not be the entire picture.

First, even vaccinated people can contract many of the diseases - I contracted measles TWICE despite being fully vaccinated. However, both times I had a very mild case, probably due to the vaccination. Still, not good.

Additionally, there are those with immune deficiencies, who cannot be vaccinated. They must rely on the rest to be vaccinated to protect them!

Why? If it puts others at risk, I'd say it could be made mandatory.

Let those others get vaccinated.

I'm never going to argue that vaccination isn't an overwhelmingly good thing. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of forcibly injecting things into people's bodies against their will.

Or quarantine 'em or whatever. I just can't settle with mandatory injections.

Let those others get vaccinated.

I'm never going to argue that vaccination isn't an overwhelmingly good thing. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of forcibly injecting things into people's bodies against their will.

Or quarantine 'em or whatever. I just can't settle with mandatory injections.

I think there is a better solution. raise the costs they will pay for their insurance and healthcare, becuase they cause a greater risk then vaccinated poeple.

Want poeple to obey? Hurt them in their wallets! :D

I think there is a better solution. raise the costs they will pay for their insurance and healthcare, becuase they cause a greater risk then vaccinated poeple.

Want poeple to obey? Hurt them in their wallets! :D

I don't think that the type of people who believe vaccinations are against God's will are particularly worried about health insurance.

I don't think that the type of people who believe vaccinations are against God's will are particularly worried about health insurance.

not even for normal insurance, You would be sure about that Lucy?

If an inurance broker gives you the choice of either get yourself vaccinated or pay 200 bucks more annually for your total insurance, what do you tnhink most poeple will pick? :mischief:

Top Bottom