1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DV vs SV

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Ewsforos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

i am fairly new to the game, and i am wondering why go for SV when u have to conquer at least 2 civs close to you to make it viable - faster and not keep expanding to achieve a DV that should be probably little easier to achieve since you got the army already and stuff. Is personal flavor and satisfaction involved in this decison?

2. Unconquered Sun

Unconquered Sun Chieftain

Bruh, if you want to play a difficult game, uninstall Civ6 and install CIV:Warlords or at least CIV:BtS.

Even on Deity victory in Civ6 is a done deal. It's about 'trick shots' now.

3. Ewsforos

Ewsforos Chieftain

IV was good right, really loved V as well, got more memories from V so i would probably play that with vox poppuli if i wanted to play something else. i don't know about the difficulty but VI seems less fun to play from its predecessors and while they aim for diversity, the paths u need to follow are more linear the more efficient u wan't to be. All that aside, my question was for VI, the one i am trying to learn atm.

4. ravenmagus

ravenmagus Chieftain

Dom victory just seems fast and easy. At least in Civ 5 dom was always the fastest/easiest win because the AI was pretty bad at war, and it doesn't seem any better in 6.

Ewsforos likes this.
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The simple answer is a Dom game is just that, roll over a group of civs. Do that and the game is over.
    An SV can be long and boring and I would never play like that.
    Play a fast SV, try and finish an SV as fast as possible is quite complicated and much more strategic than a Dom game because there is a lot more to consider and different routes to get there. It is way way more complex than Dom.
    Dom is a wargame that seems to suit people that like to steamroller.
    ... so to me, if you are a steamroller keep playing Dom, if you like high complexity games try and do an SV in under 200 turns and once you can do that try 180/70/60
    You have to play a Dom game as well as all the other complexity... that is the real difference.
    Fastest CV’s are peaceful games so probably will not suit you.

Kolbes and Eyswein like this.