DVD Drive safedisc saga

pascal_nz

Chieftain
I hope not too many others have gone through the never ending saga that I have to do with the safedisc software not letting certain CD drives play civ3.

I have tried EVERYTHING: updating drivers, gamecopyworld (the files seem to be faulty or dont work) to no avail.

Apparently the tech support sends out ppl like me the updated version of the exe file but unfortunately for me, tech support won't deal with any one who bought their product from outside North America (Im from New Zealand) and there is no New Zealand office to deal help me. In effect I have bought a $110 glorified piece of CD plastic.

Is there anyone out there who has received this updated file from the tech support and would be able to pass it on to me. I would be incredibly, totally, unbelieveably greatful.

Cheers,

pascal_nz@hotmail.com

Hi

I'm also from New Zealand near Christchurch. I am also having the same thing with CivIII on my Compaq laptop. I email Customer Services in the UK last week and just got a email back from them. A Marcus Bradshaw from Manchester said "We are currently looking into this. I will get back to you as soon as we
find out more".

If you would like the email address, we maybe able to add more weight for UK Customer Services to fix this.

Are where any other Kiwi's out there, that CivIII is not working because of safedisc?

Yeah!!!!!!!!! It finally works!

I now have complete faith (just) in infogrames! foR THOSE with whom the patch does not work (the modified exe) try deleting the movies folder!

YEHA! Im very very happy - Cheers all those that helped me out

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Top Bottom