DVD music onto my computer.

Eukaryote

Deity
So before I performed a system restore on my computer, I backed up all my itunes music (only 1.8 GB) onto a DVD, problem I didn`t forsee, is itunes will play this DVD but not rip it. Does anybody know how I can convert this DVD to a CD or otherwise get the music ripped onto my computer.

Is it an audio DVD or a data DVD? If its just a data DVD, you can copy the music files off it to the HDD. If its an audio DVD...well, I have to wonder why you did that, data DVD's are so much more efficient, and easier to use later on.

If it's audio DVD, there's probably another tool you can use to rip it, then import.

Is it an audio DVD or a data DVD? If its just a data DVD, you can copy the music files off it to the HDD. If its an audio DVD...well, I have to wonder why you did that, data DVD's are so much more efficient, and easier to use later on.

Thanks for the advice.

I had not previously known whether it was an audio or data DVD, but I`m assuming data, because I originally bought it in a pack of blank DVDs to burn movies on which work completly fine for that purpose. How do I
Copy the music files off it to the HDD
I have no idea what that means.

You just go into the drive with Windows Explorer (if you have to, right click on the drive and press Open or Explore or something, cos sometimes it autoplays), and copy/paste. Easy as that.

Another hint: Data DVDs will have the filenames the same. Audio DVDs will probably have "Track 01" or that. If its that, you'll have to use a ripper.

You just go into the drive with Windows Explorer (if you have to, right click on the drive and press Open or Explore or something, cos sometimes it autoplays), and copy/paste. Easy as that.

:confused: Can you dumb it down a shadeÉ :blush:

I know how to copy-paste, `go into the drive with windows explorer` doesn`t make sense to me.

Oh wait, I think I did it, it will take a few mins though.

Just open My Computer and click on the drive. Like opening a regular data DVD.

Top Bottom