Dwarves

Civitar

Adventurer
Can Dwarves please come into Éa at some point reasonably far in the future? I ask because Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race, and I will be starting in on Dwarf units soon because I can't keep myself away much longer. Maybe they could be a strongly non-magical, gold-focused, militarily powerful civilization, unless that conflicts with Heldeofol, in which case they could be strongly non-magical, about as cultural as Man, and gold-focused. They should be able to be both good and evil. They would, of course, need to get some new name, hopefully taken from Norse mythology as opposed to Irish?

My understanding was that at some point a single Man or Sidhe civ would be able to research deep mining and they would be basicly the dwarf type civ...

Won't be a playable race for a long time. Maybe a city state if dwarf units appear.

When they do appear they will have Old Norse names (from the Völuspá).

Úr is a planned civ, either Man or Sidhe. They are the only civ of Man or Sidhe that get to open techs on the bottom row (Underdark Paths, etc). But they are not dwarves.

Dwarf units will definitely appear at some point, especially with summer vacation starting next week :banana:. I realize that it would take a really long time for them to be a playable race, but if there's a chance that they could show up as a race to choose from (so you'd have Man, Sídhe, Heldeofol, and whatever you'd call the dwarves as choices), I'd call Éa the Civ5 FFH.
So, good to hear, and I'll work on units a bit faster still in the hopes of speeding the entry of dwarves and the completion of Sídhe.

Top Bottom