DX12 error Crash (A lot)

Joshua DeWinter

Chieftain
Hey everyone!

New to the forums, looking for a way to get into contact with firaxis and/or community assistance.
As the title says, I am experiencing crashes on Civ 6. This is the second game (after turn 400) that it crashes due to an unhandled exception and DX12 error. Its so bad the lat few nights, that i generates a report to send to Windows when launching the game.

I currently put my world domination on hold until we can rectify this issue. This issue is not fun lol.
I crashed 5 times in a row on same turn. Those 5 times I did the EXACT same moves prior to the crash. IE I did everything and went to build a research centre as the final move on my turn and it crashed, 5 tries in a row. The 6th attempt I did the research centre first and guess what, it held out another 10ish turns before a Dx12 crash. As I said its been brutal the last few days. To simplify that statement: I quick save after every *move.* Even that does not save me. When I crash, its always a set sequence of moves that I do. IE (If I crash when i built a bank here for ex.) I reboot the game and move a soldier BEFORE building the bank and it slides by the crash this time. (Sometimes switching up my moves does not help)

Anyway I provided almost no information, once a helpful member of the Firaxis teams takes a look, I would be more than willing to get any and all information required.

Thank you,

Huge Civilization Fan (HCF)

Anyway I provided almost no information, once a helpful member of the Firaxis teams takes a look, I would be more than willing to get any and all information required.
You're not likely to get a response from anyone at FXS or 2K here. You can, however, submit a support ticket to them here. They'll likely ask you to submit information like the diagdx file that can be found by following the instructions here.

If you want to post your system specs, game setup (mods, etc.), and after crash logs (Database, Modding, Lua), someone here on CFC may be able to help you troubleshoot.

Top Bottom