1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynamic Mana

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Immaculate, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Do people normally have a certain type of mana source, train an adept so they can use a certain spell, then pillage their mana source and turn it into something else so they can train a different type of adept?
    What if you want one adept with courage and one with enchanted blade but the rest with firespells? Does that work?
    All this assumes you don't have too much starting mana.

Kael et al., wonderful mod- very engrossing.

2. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

Last time I tried, pillage only allows you to build the same mana source. If you are short on mana nodes, I recommend to make war with a neighbour, obtain their capitulation, then ask for their three palace mana.
    You can look in the civilopedia to know which palace brings the mana you need.

3. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

Mana changes back to raw mana with cultural conversion. So with you take a neighbors mana and it ends up in your borders (via cultural expansion or taking the city, etc.) no matter what it was before you can build any type you have researched.

4. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

That's handy. Very handy. Actually, so handy that the Sheim are going to get a visit in my current game.

5. tiberion02

tiberion02 Chieftain

Another trick to 'reseting' mana nodes, is to use Purge the Unfaithful ritual. As long as you have a few religions spread around in your empire, using this ritual will often put your cities into a few turns of disorder, and their borders will decrease, thereby 'razing' the nodes.

6. merciary

or building Beast of Agares, which also causes revolt.

7. Kael

Kael Deity

Ive been asked to offically advise you all that you are in fact cheating and will be added to the naughty list if your mana swapping schenanigans don't stop this instant.

In all seriuosness if we ever do get Metamagic added to the game its supposed to inlcude a spell that lets you reset a nodes mana without havign to go through the above "cleverness".

8. merciary

Actually when I did this (only did it once, I usually don't play AV) I didn't know that was going to happen and mana happen to be in that cities culture so after the revolt was done I simply changed it. I believe I did back in "Light" and haven't done it since. It does kinda ruin a little bit of the fun knowing more tricks than the already confused AI does.

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

In the next version of my modmod I'm going ahead and implementing Metamagic (along with Ice and Dimensional 2 and 3). My Metamagic III Sorcery spell (well, one of them. I think I'll have 0 level 1, 2 level 2, and 3 level 3 spells. The promotions will improve xp gain and spell strength too.) will let you create a raw mana resource wherever you want, but will probably cost you the caster.

The other spells in this slot will destroy mana and remove the spell sphere promotions from all nearby arcane units (yours or your rivals. I'll probably make it so that your units go back to level 1, 0 xp, but leave rival units at a high level but with no promotions, so it will take a long time for them to recover)

10. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Wow, I'm just imagining using it against a Calabim player and watching him despair and crumble to tears... Priceless, priceless.

11. Alzara

Alzara Emperor

Lol Kael. Tres funny *clap clap* :)

Al